Has the feature of importing events from individual fb profiles ready yet?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Has the feature of importing events from individual fb profiles ready yet?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    corre

I read the guide and the details about the Facebook add on. When I watched the video tutorials, I notice the ancient WP version that was used there and it made me think that maybe things have changed since then.

So. Can the Facebook Events add-on pull events from individual Facebook accounts?

Brook
    Participant

Great question corre! I am glad you noticed that because, yes it can. You can pull individual events from user accounts, or even pull them in bulk automatically. I will have to see about updating the pages that referenced the outdated behavior., Thanks for pointing that out. Let me know if there are any more questions. If not, mind marking this resolve? Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Howdy again corre,

I have lied to you, purely by accident. This is what happens when I rely on memory.

About 3.4 of our plugin we discovered that Facebook had changed their API. This change allowed us to import individual events that were created by users, something we could not do before. This had added functionality to our plugin without us know about it. All of our wording throughout the site and plugin still reflected that importing single events from a user account was impossible, even though it actually worked flawlessly. So we updated the wording of our plugin to reflect this.

Buuuut, I had mistakenly remember that this enabled us to batch import single user events as well. That is incorrect. You still can not batch import events created by users, they must be from an organization or the like. You can import user events though, just copy their event ID into the import box. You can import multiple user events at once as well, but you will need to copy each of their IDs as a new line into that same import ID box.

My apologies. 🙁

– Brook

corre
    Participant

Got it. Thank you for being a pro.

corre
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for your understanding!

I really appreciate the offer to have a look. That is very awesome of you. We actually do have access to their stuff. Though if we were to create a feature that access would mostly only helps us to copy their ideas, not implement them. And we try not to copy others ideas. Rather we keep our ear to the ground for feedback from the users, and our minds alert to different possibilities.

To that end, if there is a feature of there’s that you would like implemented here could you suggest on our official suggestion board? I searched around and did not see any body that had already done so. You might say something like “Allow bulk importing of any event within a users calendar”, something that summarizes it for those who only read the title. I did not see anything like that already suggested and being voted on, so it would be a welcome addition.

Thanks again. I hope you enjoy our plugin.

– Brook

corre
    Participant

I can’t see your reply. Maybe because I opened this thread before creating my account (purchasing the plugin).

Brook
    Participant

Ahh yes! That would be a problem. I made it public since there was really nothing private in there anyways. Seriously, thank you again for the offer!

– Brook

corre
    Participant

I didn’t mean to infringe their code in any way 🙁

I meant you can see what they refer to in Facebook API and refer there as yourself, as the API is public as you surely already know 😉

Anyway, I will write down some suggestions in that board. Thanks.

Brook
    Participant

Oh no worries. I understood what you meant. Put another way I was just wanting to pass my heartfelt thanks for the offer, but let you know that in this case it would not quite help us because as you noted the APIs are public anyways; so in the end the only thing would could glean were ideas, and we already have a system for directly collecting those. Thank you a bunch for contributing to it!

I am going to close this out since it has run the course. If you ever need anything else please do not hesitate to open a new topic. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Has the feature of importing events from individual fb profiles ready yet?’ is closed to new replies.