Hidden Fields and Shortcodes

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Hidden Fields and Shortcodes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AndrewJ

Hi there,
    I’m a developer, building a website (commercially) for a client who happens to be a Church.
    I love the functionality of the plugin but need more;
    Can I add hidden fields visible only to Admin. This would be to add a Resource start/finish time so that an event with public hours could also be used by Admin to show hidden resource (venue) time needed, typically 30 minutes before and after the event.

Secondly, we do need to develop a shortcode facility so that we can run the regular calendar on the Events page, Event on the Single event page and extract a “This month” element to insert on a page as a “monthly snapshot”.

I’m happy to have my guys develop this if you’d be kind enough to offer your input/tech reasons why you haven’t already done this.

Obviously I can’t use Widgets to shortcodes since it isn’t widgetized; I simply know what my client wants and so far, yours is the closest (and best) I’ve seen.

regards

AndrewJ

Josh
    Participant

Hey Andrew,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

There are a couple of options that you could pursue that would allow you to supply additional meta information for each event that is only visible within the admin area.

1. <span style=”line-height: 13px;”>You could take advantage of the “Additional Fields” section that we have within The Events Calendar settings. However, by default these will display on the front-end of the site so you’ll need to filter the output to hide your custom meta.</span>
    2. You could take advantage of a third-party custom meta plugin such as Advanced Custom Fields. Since our events utilize built in WordPress Custom Post Type functionality, you can define custom metaboxes just for events. You could create the additional fields that you need and then just opt to not display them on the front-end of your site.

For the shortcodes, we don’t see them as core to our plugin however there are some great shortcodes that might get you what you’re looking for within the  third-party Event Rocket add-on available within the WordPress.org Repository.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions that will aid in your decision to purchase our plugin, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve noticed you’ve marked the previous response as the correct answer. I’ll go ahead and close out this ticket but if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Hidden Fields and Shortcodes’ is closed to new replies.