How do I get a Atom XML feed from Events Calendar Pro for a client.

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions How do I get a Atom XML feed from Events Calendar Pro for a client.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Hobbs

I am creating a custom iPhone and Android app for a client that is considering using your Events Calendar Pro system. I need to know how I can get a Atom XML feed from your Events Calendar Pro for the cell phone apps.
    Is there some sort of documentation that you can send me to for this. Or is it as simple as just adding Feed=Atom-XML to the end of the url?

Thanks,
    Michael Hobbs
    Computer Designs
    208-720-8212
    [email protected]

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Michael,

That is a great question. We do not currently export events in the atom feed, which can be found by appending &feed=atom to a regular event list url, or /feed/atom/ to pretty permalinks.

That said if you are familiar with WordPress and the Atom schema this should be relatively easy to add. We have a nice article on customizing feeds. While it talks about customizing RSS, the same principles all apply to customizing Atom you just need to attach your functions to the appropriate filters. You of course would need to use our API to export the appropriate data. Our docs would be a great place to look for available functions that should streamline retrieving and formatting event data.

If you would like to recommend Atom feed support as a feature, please feel free to throw it up on our uservoice page. That will allow other users to easily voice their support for the idea.

Does that all make sense? Does it answer your question? Thanks!

– Brook

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Leah.
    Brook
    Participant

Since this has gone a bit without a response I am archiving it. Thanks for posting!

– Brook

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I get a Atom XML feed from Events Calendar Pro for a client.’ is closed to new replies.