How to activate Pro

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to activate Pro

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    brianhayesmusic
    Participant

Yes, I am actually asking this question. I’ve looked everywhere and apparently, I’m the only who has no idea how to activate Pro, once I’ve installed it. Watching one of the tutorial videos, there was a part where he said “assuming Pro is active.” Well, they were assuming that I’m smarter than I am, apparently.

Geoff

Hi there, Brian! Welcome to the forums. 🙂

Man, I’m sorry for the confusion. It’s definitely our bad if the tutorials lack clarity.

There are two ways to activate The Events Calendar PRO:

1) Upload the ZIP file via WordPress

• If you haven’t downloaded the ZIP file already, you can find it by logging into this site here and heading to Account Central > Downloads in the main menu
    • Click the “Upload Plugin” button at the top of the screen
    • Click the “Choose File” button and select the ZIP file from your desktop
    • Activate the theme once it has uploaded

2) Upload the extractedZIP file via FTP

• Like the first option, go ahead and download the ZIP file from the Downloads screen if you haven’t do so already
    • If you happen to be using an FTP app to manage files on your server, you can open it up and head over to the /wp-content/plugins directory
    • Extract the ZIP file and upload the extracted folder to the /wp-content/plugins directory in your FTP application
    • Log into your WordPress dashboard and head over to Plugins > Installed Plugins
    • Activate the plugin

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

brianhayesmusic
    Participant

Hi Geoff,
    I’m frustrated because none of the assumptions are applying to me. Of course, I did do the download. It is on my desktop but it is not a zip file. I am not using an FTP app.

brianhayesmusic
    Participant

Do I need to learn what an FTP app is and learn to use it?
    I might not be quite as dumb as I sound. I did build this entire site, myself:
    http://www.ClassicalGuitarOrlando.com
    But I’ve never used an FTP app.

brianhayesmusic
    Participant

I hope I’m not coming across as a smart-aleck. I’m just trying to give a clear picture of what my knowledge/ignorance level is. Thank you for your help.

brianhayesmusic
    Participant

The zip folder is already unzipped, apparently. Again, I’m not sure what’s wrong with my knowledge base but I have not owned WinZip, nor seen a zip file since the 90’s. Where am I going wrong here?

Geoff

Hi there, Brian. Thanks for following up.

There’s no need to learn what an FTP app is–that was simply one route out of two recommendations.

It’s certainly puzzling that the download did not come to you as a ZIP file. I will send you a direct link to the ZIP file for the latest release in a private reply.

Once you have that ZIP file, you should be able to use the first set of steps outlined in my last response, using the WordPress upload option.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

This reply is private.

brianhayesmusic
    Participant

Thank you, Geoff. I’m on vacation now and had downloaded your zip file from an entirely different computer with no problems. Still not sure what was going wrong at home. Now I’m on to the fun stuff of tweaking my calendar to perfection. Thank you, again, for your help!

Geoff

Awesome, thanks Brian! I’m so glad that helped and worked out.

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘How to activate Pro’ is closed to new replies.