How to find the events page id or name?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to find the events page id or name?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ann Foley
    Participant

Hi,
    Could you help me with a bit of customization? I’m creating a site in which I want to use different sidebars for different static pages or category pages.
    I’d like to run a sidebar with the Events widget on the non-Events pages and a sidebar without the Events widget on the Events page (because that page will have the big, lovely Events calendar!)

Usually I do this using a conditional on my sidebar.php page:

if ( is_page(‘2’) ) {include(TEMPLATEPATH . ‘/sidebar-testimonials.php’);}
    elseif ( is_page(’41’) ) {include(TEMPLATEPATH . ‘/sidebar-fussy.php’);}

and that works well for me. But I need to have ID information about the Events page in order to make it work. Can you help me with this info?

Thanks!

Ann

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Ann,

Our plugin creates a virtual page that is not identified in the standard ways. You can use the following conditional wrappers though: https://gist.github.com/2415009

I hope that helps!

– Jonah

Ann Foley
    Participant

Works like a charm. Thanks, Jonah! I’m loving the plugin!

Jonah
    Participant

Glad to hear Ann, if you wouldn’t mind we’d love if you could review us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar

And as always, let us know if there’s anything else you need help with!

Thanks,
    Jonah

jokesonme
    Participant

Thank you!!! Have been trying to remove the sidebar from Events Calendar List Page and leave it on the others but was running into issues! I was trying to do it by Page_ID but the Events List takes the Page_Id of the first result in its list, reviving this thread to say thank you!!!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How to find the events page id or name?’ is closed to new replies.