How to make the

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions How to make the

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cultuurschuur

I use the plugin The Event Calender (version 3.7). How can I configure that the “End time” (part of “End date & time”) is not required to fill in?

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out!

For the system  to handle the event properly, there needs to be an end time set for all events that aren’t  selected as “All Day Events”.

Could you give me more details on how you would like for these events to display? If so, maybe we can find a solution that fits what you’re looking for.

Thanks!

jtnews
    Participant

I’ll jump in, because I’ve just run into the same thing. Someone submitting an event would like the end time to be open-ended, since they don’t know when their event will end. Making the start and end time the same is an ugly option. Maybe add a checkbox that sets a placeholder end time but makes it invisible?

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

It looks like you’re referring to the solution presented on our UserVoice page. There are a couple of alternatives that may be helpful but could also have some other issues depending on the implementation.

• Instead of having the end time set to the start time, you could set the end time for midnight of that day. This would allow it to display better on the Week View.
    • You could set the events as all day events and then note the start time within the event details.
    • You could use this snippet to remove the end time for all events

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give a definitive answer. At the end of the day this is definitely a difficult scenario to provide a great solution for. However, I hope that these alternatives give you a place to start in finding the best solution for your scenario.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

I’ve noticed you’ve marked the previous response as the correct answer. I’ll go ahead and close out this ticket but if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How to make the’ is closed to new replies.