How to migrate already existing products from WooCommerce to WooCommerce Tickets

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions How to migrate already existing products from WooCommerce to WooCommerce Tickets

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stefano

Hello,

i’m already running a website made with WordPress+WooCommerce to sell courses about cooking. It’s about very short events, like few hours or few days events, so there are lots of “products” in that website. Every products is configurated like it’s a course, but no other plugins than WooCommerce has been used. Since it is made with just the basic version of WooCommerce, i’m wondering if there is a way to make those products become events once i’ve installed WooCommerce Tickets. Do i have to delete all the products and insert them again after installing your plugins? I suppose i will need to edit all of them to set dates and other events informations that WooCommerce Tickets will add, is this what i will have to do?

I need my courses to appear on Event Calendar and make people buy them from the month view of the events. I don’t have needs to both sell products and events, this is all about events…i just already have them in my installation and i’m not sure which effort will be needed if i buy Event Calendar and WooCommerce Tickets. Can you help me to figure it out?

Thanks a lot

Barry

Hi – great questions!

Since it is made with just the basic version of WooCommerce, i’m wondering if there is a way to make those products become events once i’ve installed WooCommerce Tickets.

It’s possible – but definitely isn’t something that our plugin will automate and is probably going to be the sort of task that would be best suited to a custom-built script. Potentially, though, for the right developer, this would not necessarily be a hard transformation to make.

I need my courses to appear on Event Calendar and make people buy them from the month view of the events. I don’t have needs to both sell products and events, this is all about events

WooCommerce Tickets makes it so customers can select the tickets they want to buy from individual event pages, so it sounds like it’s a pretty close fit for your needs already. You could take this a step further and customize other views to let them select tickets from month or list view, too – and this unofficial library could help with something like that.

In summary then, I think it would be a great choice for you – but you might need to do just a little customization work to bring it all together.

I hope that answers your questions, but if we can assist with anything else please let us know 🙂

Barry

(… to keep things tidy, as it’s been a while, I am now closing the thread!)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How to migrate already existing products from WooCommerce to WooCommerce Tickets’ is closed to new replies.