How to remove end time from all references of an event, MK II

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to remove end time from all references of an event, MK II

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    aj
    Participant

Howdy,

I’d like to revist this topic: https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/how-to-remove-end-time-from-all-references-of-an-event/

Disclaimer: I feel like a pretty competent html/css/server-admin kind of geek, but I don’t have mad skillz in php/WP hooks. In fact, that subset of my skillz really isn’t even vaguely perturbed. 🙂

I’m still trying to remove all references to event end times on this website. I’ve incorporated the previously suggested code into my child theme’s functions.php file, but I’m not seeing the expected results.

I could use more help achieving this end goal of mine.

Thanks!

-aj

aj
    Participant

For what it’s worth, here’re the contents of my functions.php file: http://pastebin.com/YkuAEKQS
    Did I do something wrong there, maybe?

Barry

Hi AJ,

It looks like end times are missing from events listed in the events list widget and the schedule details section of single event posts (the date/time info that displays right below the event title) … am I right in thinking the only remaining problem is in the meta section (under the Details heading)?

Can you confirm if there are any other areas still holding out on us?

aj
    Participant

Hi Barry,

I’m seeing end times on the calendar view pop-ups (http://www.bigtop.org/events/month/) as well as in the meta section.

I think that’ll do it.

Thanks!

-aj

Barry

OK, so as ever it’s well worth reading through our Themer’s Guide for some essential background info about safely overriding and customizing templates 🙂

With that done, let’s look at the month view tooltips first of all. Please create an override for the month/tooltip.php template and locate – then remove – the following lines:

[[ if(endTime.length) { ]]
    	-<abbr class="tribe-events-abbr dtend"> [[=endTime]]</abbr>
    [[ } ]]

For the single event meta this is a little trickier. Honestly, at this point, I’d recommend waiting until our next release goes out (and though I can’t offer any guarantees I’m hopeful that may even be this week) – as customizing single event meta right now is not always easy and we have taken steps to massively simplify the process. Those changes will roll out with the same release.

If you do want a solution right now, you could either set up a filter on the tribe_event_meta_event_date hook and do a little string manipulation or else work with the meta factory to replace the current code that produces the event date and time (Tribe_Register_Meta::event_date()) … but, again, it will be a lot easier shortly!

aj
    Participant

Hi Barry,

OK, I have 3.6 installed. I’ve looked through it (both the plugin settings and the single-event.php), but I’m not seeing how to remove the end time from the single event meta info.

Can you tell me how to do it, please?

Thanks.

-aj

Barry

Ah, sorry AJ – you’re right. The new settings don’t quite cover it.

If you run with the previous outlined steps do they get you where you need to be, with the exception of the end time in the single event meta section?

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘How to remove end time from all references of an event, MK II’ is closed to new replies.