How to show calendar in a different directory/folder?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to show calendar in a different directory/folder?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    wheretoplaygames
    Participant

I searched for this but had no luck.
    My EventCalendar Pro is installed in root/games, a sub directory of my main blog and that is where i want it.

How can i display the full month calendar on the homepage or another page of my root blog?

Thank you.

Casey
    Participant

wheretoplaygames,
    Thanks for getting in touch! Yes, we are painfully aware of the shortcomings of our site search. ๐Ÿ˜€ We hope to release some vast improvements to our site in the coming months, so stay tuned! And definitely keep the feedback coming!

Now, regarding your issue…if you’d like to use a different URL for your calendar (ex: /calendar), you can change this by going to ‘Events->Settings’ and changing the Events URL slug (screenshot).

If you’d like to make your events display on the homepage, you’d need to use something like this unofficial plugin (not supported by us), which will allow you to use your calendar as the front page of your site.

Hopefully that helps to point you in the right direction, but let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

wheretoplaygames
    Participant

Thanks, but the page i want is one directory above this wordpress installation. Can i use a full URL there?

EX:

currently at: root/games/calendar
    desired at: root/calendar

/root/games has my WP install with the eventcalendar pro
    /root is my main blog where i just want to display the calendar, not host it.

Is this possible?

Casey
    Participant

wheretoplaygames,
    Unfortunately, you’ll only be able to use URLs based off of your WordPress Site URL. So, if your WordPress Site URL is ‘www.yoursite.com/games/’ then everything else is based off of that, so it wouldn’t be possible to have pages at the parent directory.

If you’d like for your calendar to display at the domain root, then I’d suggest moving your ECP install to the root directory.

Hopefully that helps to answer your questions, but let me know if I can assist further. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if youโ€™re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

wheretoplaygames
    Participant

Just to be clear, my calendar and blog, though in different directories, are on the same domain. Couldn’t i use the full path to pull the calendar view?

Casey
    Participant

Unfortunately, since your blog and calendar are part of separate WordPress installs (and therefore separate databases), it’s not possible without some custom coding. You might be able to manually query the calendar site’s database from your other site, but that would unfortunately fall outside the scope of our support.

Hopefully that helps to answer your questions, but let me know if I can help further. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if youโ€™re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I havenโ€™t heard back from you here, Iโ€™m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘How to show calendar in a different directory/folder?’ is closed to new replies.