How to use template shortcodes within General Settings – Display -Advanced Templ

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to use template shortcodes within General Settings – Display -Advanced Templ

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Larry Bradshaw
    Participant

I’m trying to add some code to the Advanced Template Settings / Add HTML before event content and it doesn’t process template/plug in shortcodes. How can I fix this?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy amandathepanda,

I just wanted to let you know that we got hit with a few more support questions than usual this past weekend and so we are running a few hours behind on some of our replies. I will respond here first thing tomorrow with an answer. Thanks for posting, I look forward to helping you.

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Howdy amandathepanda,

Thank your for your patience! That is a great question. So, our HTML before content area is for HTML only, not shortcodes.

However, if you have ever designed even a small WordPress filter before, it would be very easy to create one that will bent that content area to your needs. You would hook into ‘tribe_events_before_html’ and run the content through the WP function do_shortcode, then return it. I believe that will work swimmingly.

Does that make sense? It might sounds like greek if your unfamiliar with the WP API. 🙁 However if you know someone who is WP API savvy, they might be able to help too. Please let me know. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How to use template shortcodes within General Settings – Display -Advanced Templ’ is closed to new replies.