I can't import events.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator I can't import events.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    esteban
    Participant

The plugin was working normally. Right now I’m getting the following error everytime I try to import an event. Any ideas? Thanks!

The following errors have occurred:

“picture?type=large&access_token=404935409546807|vzHtzdfYYsK8X2vcliYSxEJvO0c” is not a valid image.
    Please note that as a result, no events were successfully imported.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Esteban,

What is the event you are trying to import so I can try it on my end.

Thanks,
    Jonah

esteban
    Participant

I can’t t import any events. Here are some examples of public events

and this is the error I’m getting

“picture?type=large&access_token=404935409546807|vzHtzdfYYsK8X2vcliYSxEJvO0c” is not a valid image.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Esteban,

The first thing you should be aware of is that you cannot import events from a personal profile, only an organization or page. The other thing you should check is that if there are any restrictions on the event you may not be able to import it. The event needs to be public in other words.

Please check those two things and let me know.

Thanks,
    Jonah

esteban
    Participant

This events that I’m sending are public and have no restrictions. The plugin was working normally I’ve been using it for 2 months now and all of a sudden it doesn’t import any events.

james
    Participant

I just purchased this plugin and now i have the same issue

Jonah
    Participant

Hey guys,

Is this only happening with events that have images in Facebook or any events? Just trying to narrow down what the issue could be.

James, can you confirm you have also deactivated all other plugins and/or switched to the Twenty Eleven theme to rule out a conflict?

Thanks,
    Jonah

esteban
    Participant

I couldn’t seem to find an event without a pic so I created a public one and still getting this error

I tried deactivating the plugins and using Twenty Eleven and still not working

I do remember that it stopped working last week that I upgraded to newest version of WP

Jonah
    Participant

Ok, I’m going to need to take a look at this tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay. Stay tuned.

– Jonah

Barry

…Definitely worth running through the standard troubleshooting steps (deactivating other themes, etc). The only way I could replicate the problem you are encountering is by filtering WordPress’s list of acceptable mime types – and removing jpegs, pngs etc from that list.

It’s not impossible that another plugin does this for some reason.

esteban
    Participant

Hi. I tried deactivating the plugins, using the default theme and haven been successful importing an event. My server was workin without a problem. Could it be an issue with the latest wordpress version?

Here are my server details

CPU GenuineIntel, Intel(R) Xeon(R)CPU L5630 @ 2.13GHz
    Version Parallels Plesk Panel v10.4.4_build1013120126.11 os_CentOS 5
    OS Linux 2.6.18-028stab099.3
    System Uptime: 79 day(s) 22:55
    current PHP version is 5.3.5. and everything is in default

Barry

Well, I’m using WP 3.4.2 and I am able to import without any issues – since I was able to import your events that suggests they are set up correctly and the problem is in some way localized to your site (and that of James, of course).

If you are using the latest versions of our plugins, and deactivating all other plugins plus reverting to an unmodified, default theme has no effect then it’s starting to look like a problem that stems from your hosting environment.

@James did you have any success with these troubleshooting steps?

james
    Participant

@Barry – I wish i did. I was using a templatic theme and since moved on to a new one from Themeforest but tested it in 2010 theme as well. As of now i am able to import FB events but still get the issue that i posted above. No picture imports at all. I am also having an issue with duplicate events from FB. Actually i had to delete over 2000 events that were automatically imported from FB. I stopped the system from “auto” import but still have the issue. Im more then happy to provide you with credentials to login to the site as admin.

The site is running on a dedicated server from GoDaddy that currently meets all your needs.

Barry

I am also having an issue with duplicate events from FB. Actually i had to delete over 2000 events that were automatically imported from FB.

That’s not good. What I would suggest though is raising this issue in a new thread – let’s concentrate on the image problem here.

Barry

I’m going to try and get some feedback from our developers on this one. Stay tuned!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • The topic ‘I can't import events.’ is closed to new replies.