I need the calendar to appear in different languages

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO I need the calendar to appear in different languages

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    landrenic
    Participant

Greetings! I’ve posed this question in the ‘pre-sales’ area, and the answer was sufficient to warrant me purchasing the plug-in to see if I could get it to work the way I need it to.

What I have is a site I’m developing for a client which will be multilingual (Slovakian, Polish, Ukrainian, English, Spanish, Italian). The theme itself (Amplus) works great for this purpose. I am setting up an ‘entry page’ for each language. On this entry page, the client wants a calendar of events which pertains to the language locale. After installing the Pro plugin, I have set up categories for each of these languages, and have a widget in the sidebar for each of the entry pages.

However, I have no idea how to get the calendar to appear in the respective language.

I understand there may be some customization needed to achieve this, and I’m willing to talk about that option. Although, this is a non profit group which has pretty much no money. (Isn’t that always the case?)

The site is rather rough as I’m working through options. Thanks for any help!

Josh
    Participant

Hello landrenic,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

It sounds like having a widgetized area for each of these pages might be the best approach. You could then use the Events Calendar widget to display a calendar of events just for the specific category for that page.

You could also try the Event Rocket plugin to see if any of the shortcodes provided within that plugin allow the calendar to display by category.

I apologize if I’m misunderstanding the exact functionality you’re looking for. Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

landrenic
    Participant

Thanks for the response.
    Yes, the widget is great and works perfectly to display the correct category. BUT … I need the calendar to appear in different languages .. i.e., “October” “November” “December” etc, needs to be in another language. Does that make sense? I may not be explaining this properly.

Thanks.

Josh
    Participant

Hello landrenic,

Thanks for following up with us!

I apologize for the confusion in my original response. Currently, there isn’t a straightforward way to have multiple translations of the calendar on different views within the same site. Our plugin is completely translatable but typically on a complete site basis.

That being said, you could manually translate the strings on a category by category basis with some custom development. This would require using the is_tax() conditional to check for the appropriate language archive. You could then use the following filters to change the default Events Calendar titles to the appropriate language for that archive.

“tribe_venue_label_singular, tribe_venue_label_plural, tribe_organizer_label_singular, tribe_organizer_label_plural, tribe_ce_submit_event_page_title”

Let me know if this helps. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you a direct response however I hope this was able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks!

– Josh

landrenic
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hello landrenic,

Thanks for following up with us!

I understand the hesitation in wanting to jump into these types of customizations yourself. If you would like, you can email pro [at] tri.be to request a list of recommended developers. When emailing, ensure to include a link to this thread as a reference.

I’ll go ahead and close this ticket. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘I need the calendar to appear in different languages’ is closed to new replies.