I need the meta_key and meta_value to hide an event…BADLY!

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO I need the meta_key and meta_value to hide an event…BADLY!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    efromdc
    Participant

Im looking through the db cant cant see the key and value to hide an event.

Can you give them to me please?

Thanks

Barry

Hi!

Do you wish to hide this event from all views – and could you simply change its status from published to draft if so?

Let me know if that helps 🙂

efromdc
    Participant

No that does not help because if you draft it, it isn’t searchable. I respectfully asked for the meta_key and meta_value to HIDE an event. Can you reply with the answer please?

efromdc
    Participant

I understand your point, by the way…but in your next reply, please do not reply with alternative measures as I can’t use an alternative. I need the result of the question I asked.

Please reply with the meta_key and meta_value for hiding. No analysis, nothing more, nothing less. I have a client who needs this and I can’t waste another 18 hours on a answer.

Thank you

Barry

Hi efromdc,

So given what you’re describing the closest we’ve got at this time is:

_EventHideFromUpcoming

Which can be set to yes to indicate that an event should be hidden from event listings. This correlates directly to the Hide From Event Listings setting that can be found within the event editor itself. It’s important to be aware of a couple of things if you choose to follow this approach, though:

• It will not cause events to be hidden within day view (this is a current bug)
    • Events can be found via the main WP search but will remain hidden if the search is conducted via one of the event pages (for example – if a visitor views whatever month your hidden event takes place in, and types in a pertinent search term, it will not display)

The first of those is a bug as noted – but the second is intentional behaviour.

I hope that helps!

efromdc
    Participant

Excellent. THANKS!

Barry

Fantastic 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but if we can help with anything else please do feel free to create a new thread and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Thanks again!

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We weren’t able to get to it for our upcoming 3.8 release, but it is still very much on the radar. We hope to have it fixed in an upcoming release, and we will do our best to keep you posted on our progress. Thanks for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah
    and the team at Modern Tribe

Leah

Hello,

Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention. We’re happy to say that we have added a fix for this into our upcoming version 3.11 release. Keep an eye on your Updates page for the new version. If you have any trouble with the update (or are still seeing this problem after you update) please start a new thread and we’d be happy to help out.

Thank you for your patience while we got this release ready to go!

Best,
    Leah
    and the rest of The Events Calendar team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘I need the meta_key and meta_value to hide an event…BADLY!’ is closed to new replies.