I only need help to create a new function for a defined category

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions I only need help to create a new function for a defined category

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ian Douglas

Hi there!

Great plugin! I’m using the free Events Calendar plugin and I actually don’t need the extra functions of the Pro version, but I’ll pay for a license in order to get speedy help to achieve the following.

I don’t know code, and I’ve tried and failed for the last two days to try to do this! This is what I need: I need a category for “Past Events” that would only return past events. That’s it.

In other words, I need to be able to bypass Events Calendar’s default array return of only upcoming events.

On my site, I also need a category for “All Events” that would always return all events, but if I can get code that would solve the “Past Events” issue, I’m sure it could adapted to other requirements. If this has been done before already, and a code snippet exists for it, please tell me. I searched high and low and cannot find a solution.

If a code snippet doesn’t exist, please tell me if someone of your team can help with this simple function and I’ll go Pro immediately.

(As a suggestion for future builds: Please give an option in the Events Calendar admin panel to override the default and show all events on an archive page.)

best wishes,
    ian

Ian Douglas

Forget it. I solved it another way.

Casey
    Participant

Ian,
    Thanks for getting in touch and I’m glad to hear that you figured this one out. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’ll go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘I only need help to create a new function for a defined category’ is closed to new replies.