IE8 next month link visible when it should be hidden.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO IE8 next month link visible when it should be hidden.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Clark
    Participant

With the latest update to the plugin, in the month view, I understand the next months links should not be visible if there are not more events in the future. It seems that in IE8 the month links are still visible even though there are no future events. However, when you click those link nothing happens. I would think that the links should be hidden as well.
    Example site:
    http://wp.tegandev.com/calendar/2014-09/

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry you are still having trouble with this. Could you please let me know how you are testing in IE8. Is is a developer tool emulating IE8 (such as IE11 running as IE8) or IE8 running in Windows XP?

I visited the site with IE8 in Windows XP and for the link there was no link to October for me only a link to August.

The developer console is showing a script error of:

“Object doesn’t support this property or method”

In reference to this file in your theme:

themes/Total/js/global.js, line 347 character 3

That maybe related to it and I am not getting that error in the latest version of Chrome.

Please let me know how you are testing this so we can reproduce it and get it resolved for you. I would also look into that error with your theme’s support and see if it i an issue with IE8 and if they have a fix for it.

Thanks

Nathan Clark
    Participant

I have changed the theme to twentyfour and still see the issue. We are running both IE11 emulating IE8 and WindowsXP IE8.
    Please have another look with the default theme in place.

Brian
    Keymaster

I tried the site again running both IE11 emulating IE8 and WindowsXP IE8.

Both times there was no link to November from the October Calendar.  So far I am unable to reproduce that error.

Could you please try clearing you cache and history in IE8 and IE11, then see if that changes anything.

I have noticed an issue with the Next Month Links not working in IE8, they do work in all other browsers I have tried.

I will look into that further and get back to you.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

I took a look into it further and the problem is that IE8 does not work with AJAX so that is the problem with the pagination links not working.

However, we no longer support IE8.

I understand there are sites that still want to support it so I wrote a function that removes the AJAX from the Month, List, and Event Views of the plugin.

http://pastebin.com/TujLEBYi

Add that to your theme’s function.php and it should work.

I was able to test it in IE8 and got the Month Pagination working again.

You maybe able to look up some functions and run this only on IE8 Browsers.

Let me know if that helps or you need some help locating other ajax scripts.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘IE8 next month link visible when it should be hidden.’ is closed to new replies.