I'm torn on the ticket add-ons. I need some advice.

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions I'm torn on the ticket add-ons. I need some advice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Langille

I do financial seminars/events, usually 3 or 4 per month, and I need to allow folks to register and download/print a ticket for each event.

I very much like the idea of the EDD Tickets add-on because I know Pippin’s code for EDD is high quality, but I’m open to the other add-ons too.

Also, I need to be able to design the look and content of the tickets, preferably in the WP Admin somewhere if possible. Do any of these allow that?

Thanks for any advice you can throw at me!

Barry

Hi!

Great questions.

I personally would advise choosing the ticketing addon on the basis of the ecommerce plugin that will best fits your needs or that you are most familiar with. If that means Easy Digital Downloads in your case, then EDD Tickets is probably going to be a good match – all our ticketing addons (for WooCommerce, Shopp, WP E-Commerce and EDD) essentially work in the same manner and so that part of the experience is going to be fairly consistent regardless of which ecommerce plugin underpins it.

I do financial seminars/events, usually 3 or 4 per month, and I need to allow folks to register and download/print a ticket for each event.

Great, sounds like a good match here and EDD Tickets should meet your basic needs here.

Also, I need to be able to design the look and content of the tickets, preferably in the WP Admin somewhere if possible. Do any of these allow that?

This may be the only sticking point, if you need a visual means of customizing the tickets. Though they have been built to be customizable you’d need to do so via a template override and that means working at code level (to some extent, at least – I wouldn’t say it necessarily entails “heavy” coding, but really this depends on whether you are making some cosmetic changes or are wanting to pull in additional data, etc).

Please do check out the following info on EDD Tickets in particular and our Themer’s Guide just to get a sense of how customization work is handled with our suite of plugins:

I hope that helps and, if you purchase, I look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Let me know if we can help with anything else 🙂

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread (and so it will no longer be monitored by staff). If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘I'm torn on the ticket add-ons. I need some advice.’ is closed to new replies.