Can we Import calendar data to PRO??

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can we Import calendar data to PRO??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    wegoecono
    Participant

I have read a bunch on this but because there are so many posts from different dates, I am not finding if there is something available. Client currently has a google calendar. I am pushing to use PRO because we like this program a lot! That said, they are not thrilled to have to re enter hundreds of events that are already in their google calendar. Is there ANY way to import a calendar into PRO? Perhaps by exporting the Google Calendar to a different file and then uploading? Again, there are SO many posts on this with so many people wanting it, I just need to know definitely if I can import a calendar (via ical, google, .csv, etc) so that we don’t have to manually enter hundreds of new events. I am trying to convince client to move with this program, but need help πŸ™‚ Thanks!

wegoecono
    Participant

Found this, is this it? If so, why is there all this information about not being able to do it now and beta, etc?

https://theeventscalendar.com/using-the-events-calendars-csv-importer/

wegoecono
    Participant

That link didn’t work. On a mac. Need to get Google Calendar somehow into Events Calendar PRO.

Casey
    Participant

wegoecono,
    Thanks for getting in touch! Our Events Calendar plugin has a CSV importer that will allow you to batch import events. That tutorial should still be accurate, but it won’t show you how to export a Google calendar to a CSV file. You’ll first need to export your Google Calendar to an iCal format, import into another Calendar program (such as Outlook or iCal), and then export from there to CSV.

I’ve never tried this site, but it looks promising to help you directly export Google Calendars to CSV format: http://www.gcal2excel.com/

Give those suggestions a try and let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

wegoecono
    Participant

well, we were able to import dates (though I will say, it’s pretty wonky and sometimes didn’t work – had to try it a few different times).

But this brought up another question.

THe event information imports fine, BUT The event org and venue isn’t working. Since the Event organizer and venue is the same for all 100 or so events, can I just import all the event and then at one time via the backend, assign the same organizer and venue for each event at ONE time?

I tried to do quick edit with multiple selections, but that didn’t work. Any other ideas?

I had imported the same CSV with all the event / organizer / venue info separately as suggested, but it didn’t work.

Please help, thanks!

Casey
    Participant

wegoecono,
    You can import the events with an Organizer and Venue via the CSV importer (you can only import the name), and then you can use the ‘Merge Duplicate Venues & Organizers’ functionality by going to ‘Events->Settings’ (screenshot). This will combine Venues & Organizers that have the same name, so you should be able to do the following:

1. Import all of your events with only the Venue & Organizer name (make sure the names are identical if using the same Venue or Organizer)
    2. Merge Duplicates to combine Venues & Organizers
    3. Then add Detailed information (address, city, etc) to your specified Venues & Organizers

Hopefully that helps, and makes things a bit easier for you, but let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

wegoecono
    Participant

Thanks Casey: I was still more so looking for a way to edit multiple events once imported, but lets try this a different way / similar question: How can I set this up so each imported event knows to show the actual map of the organizer? Is there a column in the csv to add and what should that show? Show map and then a “1” or a “yes”?

Thanks.

Casey
    Participant

Basically, but you’ll want to use TRUE or FALSE. Here’s an example CSV file that you could use to pattern your file after: https://cloudup.com/crtlx5TBqne

Take a look at that sample file and let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Can we Import calendar data to PRO??’ is closed to new replies.