Import / Download ICS feed on Free Version?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Import / Download ICS feed on Free Version?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Localista

I cannot see any method of importing / download ICS feed on free version? Is this available on Free or Paid versions? And if so how?

Leah

Hi Localista,

Thanks for your interest. At this time, it is not possible to import events from an .ics feed in the core (free) plugin or PRO. You can however export events from Events Calendar or Events Calendar PRO into ICal using the button at the bottom of the calendar view page.

Cheers,
    Leah

Localista

I’ve written my own ICS feed import function that can insert directly into a table(s). Can you provide any support on where I should write those fields and what else I may need to update in your data structure? Is there a single table or multiple tables? etc.

Leah

Hi Localista,

If I’m understanding correctly, I don’t believe this is something that would be possible without a third party plugins or some custom coding that would be beyond our support capabilities, especially since our plugin does not have any built in ways for importing data into the WP Events Calendar. You may be able to find some 3rd party plugin to import the .ics and then assign to a specific post type and get the proper meta data imported like start/end date. Here’s one that may work for you: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ical-feeds/

I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful with this. Good luck with your project!

Best,
    Leah

Localista
    Leah

Oh good, I’m glad you found what you needed. Forgive me for not fully understanding what you were after. Good luck with the project.

~Leah

Helpalista

Hi Localista,

Can you please advise how you managed to enable importing of .ics feeds for The Events Calendar?

Would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

H

Cheryl Lynn

Please, do share! I took would like to find a solution for this…

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Import / Download ICS feed on Free Version?’ is closed to new replies.