Integrating Events Calender RSS with Main RSS & Ordering by Publish Date ?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Integrating Events Calender RSS with Main RSS & Ordering by Publish Date ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ericbonnici
    Participant

Hello,

I am having an issue with integrating the Events Calendar Pro feed with my site’s main feed. I was able to follow the instructions on integrating the feed here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/how-to-add-events-to-your-rss-feed/

I would like the events to show in my feed by the actual WordPress publish date not the actual event date (Events Calendar seems to use the event date as the WordPress publish date or something like that).

I searched the forum and found someone with the same issue.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/display-events-in-rss-feed-ordered-by-date-posted/

I followed the instructions and used the following code in my themes functions.php file

/*———————————————————————————–*/
    /* Add Events to RSS Feed
    /*———————————————————————————–*/
    function add_events_to_rss_feed( $args ) {
    if ( isset( $args[‘feed’] ) && !isset( $args[‘post_type’] ) )
    $args[‘post_type’] = array(‘post’, ‘tribe_events’);
    return $args;
    }
    add_filter( ‘request’, ‘add_events_to_rss_feed’ );
    /*
    * The Events Calender Remove PudDate Filter in RSS that changes to Event Start Date
    * @3.8
    */
    add_action( ‘pre_get_posts’, ‘remove_events_pubdate_filter’, 60 );
    function remove_events_pubdate_filter() {
    if ( is_feed() ) {
    remove_filter( ‘get_post_time’, array( ‘TribeEventsTemplates’, ‘event_date_to_pubDate’ ), 10);
    }
    }

The strange thing is in Feedly the feed turns out the way I want it to ordered by the actual WordPress Publish date not the actual event date.

But when I look at my feed (it’s set up as feedburner feed) the RSS feed is ordered by the event date not the wordpress publish date.

I have made sure to resync my feedburner feed without any success.

Any ideas what is happening and if this can be fixed?

Thank you
    Eric

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello Eric,

Thanks for referencing those old posts. I do remember running into some issues with the way different services read the rss feed.

There is not much we can do unless someone you could change the rss feed based on what is reading it, however, that is a beyond the support we can provide.

I can try to answer any questions on it, but hard to tell how a service really does read the feed.

Let me know.

Thanks

ericbonnici
    Participant

Thank you Brian. For now I will just leave it as is.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok Sounds good.

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Integrating Events Calender RSS with Main RSS & Ordering by Publish Date ?’ is closed to new replies.