Integration with a Divi Based WordPress website

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Integration with a Divi Based WordPress website

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alex Petrie

Hi,

has this plugin been used in a Divi based website (by Elegant Themes). Each [age on our customers test site is built triennially with the Divi builder so I need to be able to drop the selected EventBrite contents into one of their code modules or widget areas.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Geoff B.

Good evening Alex and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

has this plugin been used in a Divi based website (by Elegant Themes). Each page on our customers test site is built triennially with the Divi builder so I need to be able to drop the selected EventBrite contents into one of their code modules or widget areas.

Yes it has. Many of our customers use Divi.

For optimal flexibility, I would recommend using our Pro premium add-on: https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-events-calendar-pro/

This will give you access to our full calendar shortcodes which will make Divi integration pretty straight forward: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Alex Petrie

Hopefully these questions aren’t too dumb, I just want to be sure before buying your plugin

Currently we use the following plugins to get our EventBrote data:
    – Eventbrite API
    – Keyring

This allows us to set the template for one of our pages to the Eventbrite Events template so that it shows the events:
    http://www.businessfactorynt.co.uk/seminars-and-events/ – My clients existing website

Which in turn provides links through to the individual event pages, e.g.
    http://www.businessfactorynt.co.uk/seminars-and-events/social-media-strategy-27815310342/

As per my original post, the new website uses Divi, and since we have done nothing with the core templates (we are using Default which is blank) simply setting a page to the Eventbrite Events template does not work
    http://tbf.justtesting.co.uk/test-events/

So that’s the problem.

I want to be able to show Evnetbrite event info in various ways and it looks like the short codes your plugin offers would be ideal

My question:
    How does you plugin know to get the Eventbrite info pulled in by the Eventbrite API / Keyring plugins?

I’ve dug a little in your documentation and it looks like I need a two of your plugins:
    The Events Calendar
    Eventbrite Tickets

Is this all I need to drop Eventbrite data into my divi layout?

Also, if I use the Month View view → [tribe_events view=”month”], are the individual events clickable?
    If so, where am I taken to when I click on an event, i.e. how are the full details laid out / configured?

Thanks
    Alex

Geoff B.

Good evening Alex,

Thank you for writing back.

My question:
    How does you plugin know to get the Eventbrite info pulled in by the Eventbrite API / Keyring plugins?

Actually, we have never tested your specific plugins with ours. So I unfortunately cannot comment on that part specifically.

But as you found out, our Eventbrite Tickets plugin has it’s own API key setup and integrates perfectly within the events themselves. Of course, you can have multiple Eventbrite tickets in each event.

So the workflow would be as follows:

1. You set up the Events Calendar and Eventbrite Tickets plugins
    2. You enter your API to Eventbrite
    3. You create each event individually using our Events custom post type
    4. Within each event there is a section to integrate Eventbrite Tickets
    5. If you prefer, you can import the events from Eventbrite directly

Also, if I use the Month View view → [tribe_events view=”month”], are the individual events clickable?
    If so, where am I taken to when I click on an event, i.e. how are the full details laid out / configured?

Yes, on the month view, if you click on an event, you will be taken to that single event’s page with the event details.

The default layout is found here: http://wpshindig.com/events/

However, you can completely customize it to your liking using template overrides.
    You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Alex Petrie

Hi,
    Thanks for the quick response.

So whilst I can use a short code [tribe_events view=”month”] to show the month view within my Divi built page, the single event result will be shown on the default template?

That’s the bit I need to understand as I use a blank template with the footer built within Divi, saved as a library item and repeated on each page, so calling the default template does not work for me (This is the issue I had with the EventBrite API plugin in the first place).

Cheers,
    Alex

Geoff B.

Good evening Alex,

Thank you for writing back.

That is a great question. You are correct, as much as the full calendar can have it’s own page (customized to your need), the single event will follow the page template chosen in Events -> Settings -> Display (Events Template). For Divi, built-in,  that is a choice between: Blank Page, Page default or Events default.

Of course, keep in mind that you could also add other page templates to that selection should you want to (custom page templates).

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Integration with a Divi Based WordPress website’ is closed to new replies.