Internal Application?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Internal Application?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Clint

Hi, I would like to use your product slightly differently than what it was designed to do.
    I would like to use it for our sales team to record their upcoming sales calls/appointments.
    So for example lets say we have 80 sales people across Asia. Each sales person would login (using front end submission) and enter their call/appointment.
    1. New meeting/appointment
    2. Start time
    3. Time zone
    4. Their name
    5. Coaches Name
    6. Meeting location (so they have a map)
    7. Country
    8. Save ics so they can upload into their Outlook Calenders
    9. Mark an appointment complete (once he has visited)
    10. Hide Event Cost and Ticket
    11. Hide Organizer Contact Info

They should probably be only be able to see their own their appointments. If not at least be able to filter to their own name.
    Their supervisor should only be able to all his teams appointments (probably a country filter?) or drill down to his staffs appointments (sales mans name filter)
    Regional Manager should be able to see everyones appointments and be able to drill down as per above.
    Of course because we have many users across many countries there will be many appointments at same day and time.(is that a problem?)

I then want to be able to connect using Tableau to create dashboards.
    Is this something that could be done with the Pro version as is with the plugin and the front end submission plugin?

Thanks
    Clint

Geoff

Hi there, Clint! Sounds like you’re working on an interesting project. There’s a lot packed into this question, so let’s see if we can tackle these points one by one. 🙂

Having The Events Calendar PRO and the Community Events add on will give you the features you noted in your list, with the following exceptions:

• Coach Name: You can use the “Organizer” feature which allows you to assign an event to a specific person organizing the event and use a filter from our documentation to change the wording to “Coach” instead. As an alternative, PRO also offers additional custom fields as a feature, and you could use that to create a “Coach” field.
    • ics File. Your team will be able to download an .ics file, however it will be for the global calendar rather than just the events members have created. Each person will have their own screen they can access to see all of their events, just not the ability to download them. I’m sure this would be possible but would require customization on your end to make it happen.

Those are the two items you may need to consider first when deciding if this is this is the right solution for you.

Each sales person would login (using front end submission) and enter their call/appointment.

The Community Events add on will do this for you. There is a setting that limits submissions to registered members of your site and prompts them to log in before submitting an event. From there, a front-end form is presented to submit an event to the calendar (screenshot).

They should probably be only be able to see their own their appointments. If not at least be able to filter to their own name.

All events submitted through Community Events go into a global calendar. However, each member also has their own page that displays only the events they have submitted (screenshot).

Their supervisor should only be able to all his teams appointments (probably a country filter?) or drill down to his staffs appointments (sales mans name filter)

Event can be categorized, so one idea might be to make each supervisor a category. Categories have their own URL, which means a supervisor can bookmark the events that are specific to their teams. For example, a category called “John Doe” would look like this: [your-site]/events/category/john-doe. This should cover the Regional Manager needs as well.

Of course because we have many users across many countries there will be many appointments at same day and time.(is that a problem?)

I wouldn’t see this as an issue, except if you are planning to use a Month grid view for your main calendar and want to display all events. Otherwise, displaying multiple events in a single day is certainly doable.

I then want to be able to connect using Tableau to create dashboards.

Honestly, I’m unfamiliar with Tableau and have not used it. You will certainly want to ensure an integration is possible between Tableau and your site if that’s a must-have feature for you.

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know and thanks for getting in touch. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Thanks for confirming the answer, Clint! I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Internal Application?’ is closed to new replies.