Is it possible to customise the of Events page with WooTickets?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Is it possible to customise the of Events page with WooTickets?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anne

Hey guys,
    Been looking for a solution like yours for a while! I’m considering buying the WooTickets extension now but I’d like to know first if once purchased, I will have somehow the possibility of changing the look of individual events pages on the front end so that they look like standard Woocommerce products (for example with the featured image on the left, the info box (with date, hour, info, ticket, etc) on the right of the pic, and then, below the description of the event?
    Also, are Woocommerce reviews supported?
    Basically: we offer webinars – right now our webinars are display are basic products on the website which is a hassle – so I really want to use your plugins but I’d like my webinar pages to keep more or less the same look (see here for example: http://alexandria-translation-resources.com/product/financial-freedom-for-translators/)
    One last question: what happens to past events? I could not find any information nor setting in the plugin settings (The Events Calendar free).

Thanks!
    Anne

Anne

Sorry I meant in the title “customise the look of Events pages” πŸ˜‰

Geoff

Hi there, Anne! Thanks for getting in touch. πŸ™‚

You have some great questions in here. Let’s see if we can tackle them one at a time.

I’d like to know first if once purchased, I will have somehow the possibility of changing the look of individual events pages on the front end so that they look like standard Woocommerce products (for example with the featured image on the left, the info box (with date, hour, info, ticket, etc) on the right of the pic, and then, below the description of the event?

WooTickets literally takes the events template that is already in use by The Events Calendar plugins and embeds an order form for tickets associated with it. That said, you could try using a theme override (see our Themer’s Guide for more info) of theΒ single-event.php file and use conditional statements (e.g.Β tribe_events_has_tickets) to create custom displays based on whether an event has tickets or not.

An alternative is to display your created tickets in the WooCommerce product gallery. Tickets are registered as Products in WooCommerce and will be given product pages that way as well.

Also, are Woocommerce reviews supported?

Not directly in the events post. However, I imagine they would be on the product pages for each ticket, if enabled.

what happens to past events?

Past events continue to display in the archives of your calendar. For example, in Month View, visitors will be able to browse back in time to previous months. As far as tickets go, you set Start and End Dates for when they are available for purchase, which limits when visitors would be able to access them. By default, the plugin will stop you from trying to set a Start Date for tickets that is after the State Date of the event, as well as trying to set an End Date for tickets that is after the End Date of the event. It’s got your back. πŸ™‚

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Anne

Hi Geoff,
    Thanks a lot! Good to know re. product pages for Events – sounds good enough to me, at least good enough to give it a try.
    Re. Past events: ok. Your previous answer also answers my question: right now, my webinars show as “products” in a “Past webinars” page using a shortcode to display all products within this category. Since Events using the Event Calendar and Tickets have product pages, I basically don’t need to change much in the structure of this then.

I think that’s all I need to know – is there a money back policy or something, in case Tickets does not fulfill my needs? (cause tehre is no trial version, right? Have not found any info on this) πŸ™‚

Thanks!
    Anne

Geoff

Hi there, Anne! Thanks for following up. πŸ™‚

Yes, we do have a full refund policy, as long as it’s within 30 days and you provide the receipt from your purchase. That should help give you a chance to test drive the ticket functionality to see if it will work for you.

Thanks for confirming the answer.Β I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Is it possible to customise the of Events page with WooTickets?’ is closed to new replies.