Is this plugin available in translations?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Is this plugin available in translations?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nicole

I’m looking for a calendar plugin which will be available in different languages on a website I’m working on.

The client wants each language (currently English, Spanish, Polish, Ukranian, Slovak, Italian) to have its own set of events/calendar in its own language. Is that something this plugin will do?

Thanks for the help.

Barry

Hi there Nicole,

Great question!

The plugin is certainly translatable (and in fact ships with translations for a whole bunch of different languages).

However, though I’m not sure if this is what you mean, you can’t for instance set up different event descriptions – each in a different language – for the same event – at least not without the assistance of a suitable and compatible third party plugin.

Does that answer your question?

Nicole

Thanks, Barry.

The short answer…well … maybe.

The long answer: I’ll describe what they want to do and maybe that will help.

Ultimately, the site will have an ‘entry page’ for each language. In the end, someone in each of these locales will have access to update this page information. On this entry page, the client wants a calendar with events pertaining to the locale, in addition to the usual welcome spiel text and any local news for the organization. So, we’d have essentially six different calendars. Some information on each calendar would be the same, but it would be easier if they were managed separately rather than being one calendar translated six ways. I hope that makes sense.

Hopefully, that helps better describe what I’m trying to do. Any advice on how to achieve this would be most welcome.

Thanks a bunch!

Barry

Hi Nicole,

That does make sense and I guess one approach (if you’re managing this from a single site) would be to make use of categories – you could simply have a category for each language and, if you need to embed this on the front page, you could do so with our calendar widget and set it to the appropriate category.

I have to be upfront, though, I suspect there would be a few pieces of custom development work needed to make this work in the way you envision – but that is probably true of all comparable calendar solutions at this time and while others may not always offer a straightforward customization path, I can strongly vouch for the customizability of ours 🙂

Thanks again!

Nicole

Thank you, we’ll give it a whirl.

Barry

Awesome, happy to hear it 🙂

I’ll close this thread in that case but of course please don’t hesitate to create new threads (on our PRO forum for instance) if you need any further assistance.

Thanks again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Is this plugin available in translations?’ is closed to new replies.