Issue with Calendar Settings pages and adding Community Events post update

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Issue with Calendar Settings pages and adding Community Events post update

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    nsutphen
    Participant

I work with a national network of locally focused moms blogs, who almost all use The Events Calendar Pro and some with the Community Calendar extension. After the recent update of The Events Calendar plugin we are experiencing an issue being able to access both the Settings pages and Community Add Event screens. We just get a white screen with nothing.
    http://citymomsblog.com/tampabay/calendarofevents/community/add
    Is this a common problem or can you tell me what may be causing this? I’ve tried deactivating plugins to no avail. The calendar’s are rendering just fine on the front end, however you can’t access the admin or community event add screen.

Barry

Hi: I’m sorry you are experiencing difficulties – that’s definitely concerning.

• Can you try deactivating all other plugins
    • Can you also switch to a default, unmodified theme such as Twenty Twelve
    • Test again to see if the submission form is accessible
    • If it is not, please enable WP_DEBUG mode and visit it once more – and note down any errors you see there

Let us know how you get on!

nsutphen
    Participant

Hi Barry! Thanks for you quick response. So I did what you asked above on our staging site to prevent any further issues on our live sites and here is the error I am getting:

Strict Standards: Non-static method TribeCommonLibraries::getInstance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /var/www/vhosts/ntss-vtvp.accessdomain.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/vendor/tribe-common-libraries/tribe-common-libraries.class.php on line 66

Let me know if this is something we need to resolve on our end.

Thanks!

Barry

The first thing to do is ensure you are using the latest builds of all our plugins: with that said, I’m surprised a strict error would cause the issue you described. Can you provide a URL so I can see the submission form on your staging site?

nsutphen
    Participant

Hello Barry:
    I tried one more thing and when I deactivate the Community Calendar Add-On everything appears as it should. When the Community Calendar Add-On is activated, you get a white screen for the Events > Settings page as well as the Add An Event Page.

Here is the error message I am getting when the Community Calendar Add-On is ACTIVATED and I navigate to the Settings page:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method TribeEvents::ecpActive() in /var/www/vhosts/ntss-vtvp.accessdomain.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/admin-views/community-options-template.php on line 43

Thanks!

Barry

I’m sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you but, again, I’d recommend you update to the latest builds – best I can tell you are still running an out-of-date copy of Community Events (3.4 by the looks of things). For each of our plugins that you are currently using, please ensure they are all at the latest versions.

If for any reason you can’t take advantage of automated updates you can obtain copies here that you can then use to upgrade manually.

Does that help?

nsutphen
    Participant

Hey Barry:

I would love to be able to utilize the automated updates, but am not sure I can since we run a multisite installation and not ALL sites use The Events Calendar or the Community Events add-on. I am not seeing where or how to add the license key on each sub-site, since the plugins are not activated on a network wide basis, but rather on a site-by-site basis.

What is the best way to update the Community Events plugin to preserve current settings or is it just going to be a manual update of all settings, etc.?

Thanks again for all the help!

Barry

If you update the plugin manually – essentially, uploading the new version over the top of the old – that should do the trick (ideally, put the site into maintenance mode using a suitable plugin and of course make a backup before doing so, just to be safe).

Typically, settings are not lost during this process.

Does that help here?

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread (and so it will no longer be monitored by staff). If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue with Calendar Settings pages and adding Community Events post update’ is closed to new replies.