Links not working in Month view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Links not working in Month view

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    funniteart
    Participant

When in month view, when the user clicks on the event, nothing happens? http://www.funniteart.com/event/month/

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I took a look at the site and see the images are not linked to the events, but if I click on the titles I am able to view the event.

Are you seeing something different?

Can you see if you add the link to the image you have added that it works?

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks

funniteart
    Participant

I can’t click on anything. It’s unresponsive at all.

Those images are the featured image of each event. How should I link them?

I use the same photo for multiple events. Does tho mean I’ll need a different photo in those instances?

Brian
    Keymaster

Sorry you are having issues still. I am not having those problems on your site. What browser are you using and are you able to clear its cache and see if that helps.

Those images are the featured image of each event. How should I link them?

You can wrap it in a link to the event itself in your custom template, just like an event or post title is wrapped.

Something like this would be close:

The coding is not displaying correctly, but you can use this function to get the event link in the month view and then add it to a link tag:

tribe_event_link( $post );

I use the same photo for multiple events. Does tho mean I’ll need a different photo in those instances?

I do not think so, you should be able to use the same images over different events and have them all link to the respective event.

Let me know and we can go from there.

Thanks

funniteart
    Participant

I have had this issue in Chrome and Firefox. When I hover over the event, it pops up a box… and nothing on the box is live. The box covers up the event, so I can’t access it to click further. It’s so frustrating.

funniteart
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Correct the Photo view should be working that way.

The month view by design does not have images for each event, that is a customization for your site.

I am still able to click on all of the links in the month and I tested in Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and IE11

In some cases the tooltip blocks the title, but that is a result of the Image being added into the Calendar per your customization.

You can follow this guide here to move those tooltips around so they show better:

https://theeventscalendar.com/stop-tooltip-from-obscuring-event-title/

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

funniteart
    Participant

Can I remove tool tips all together?

Brian
    Keymaster

If you follow our themers guide:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/

And move this file to your theme:

\the-events-calendar\views\month\single-event.php

You can remove this from the file and it will disable the tooltips.

data-tribejson='<?php echo tribe_events_template_data( $post ); ?>'

funniteart
    Participant

I think you guys should make that an easy option to click on/off… Just a thought.

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for the input.

If you would like to request that feature please head to our UserVoice Page and add your own or upvote that feature as they will increase the chances of it being added to a future version.

http://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Links not working in Month view’ is closed to new replies.