List event of the day only (with the widget)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO List event of the day only (with the widget)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    camillestorm
    Participant

Hi,
    I’d like to list the events of the day (only events of the current day but not “the next “5” upcomming events”) with the widget. I don’t want to display events of the day after in my list.
    I’d like to display something like that (supposing we are on 24th november 2014 and 4 events are programmed) :
    —-
    24th november 2014
    •event 1 – start-time to end-time
    •event 2 – start-time to end-time
    •event 3 – start-time to end-time
    •event 4 – start-time to end-time
    ——
    Exactly like the day display of the calendar but in my widget.
    I thought it was simple but I don’t find the answer after 1 hours research…sorry !
    Thank you very much

Geoff

Hi there, Camille! Thanks for getting in touch. 🙂

Unfortunately, the List Widget only displays upcoming events from all days by default. Adding a filter to display just the current day is something that has been requested on our UserVoice page. If it’s something you’d like to see as well, I’d encourage you to head over there and add your vote.

That said, I do believe this sort of thing is achievable. It would require a level of customization we’d need to leave in your hands, but if there is a specific stumbling block you are hitting we’d be happy to point you in the right direction, if we can.

Here are a few points to get your started:

• You can modify the query used by the list widget with the tribe_events_list_widget_query_args() filter hook
    • You can customize the layout of the widget by overriding the list-widget.php template (located in the plugin folder under (/views/widgets/list-widget.php)
    • It might be worth considering how you want to handle days in which no events exist

Also check out our Themer’s Guide for more information on customizing layouts and our Technical Docs for all the hooks available to you.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Camille! Just checking in to see if there’s been any further update or if you still need assistance on this one–let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

camillestorm
    Participant

Hi,
    Sorry I would have had to prevent you.
    I haven’t find the solution with the links you gave me, I always have a problem. I think I don’t have enough skills, and time… So I use the page /calendar/today in my menu.
    Thank you and sorry not to look more.

Geoff

Thanks for the follow-up, Camille! Sorry I wasn’t able to give you a concrete solution, but I’m glad you were able to fins a workaround.

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘List event of the day only (with the widget)’ is closed to new replies.