List view and conditional tags

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO List view and conditional tags

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

When viewing the list of events, why are there no conditional tags set? When viewing the month view, is_post_type_archive is set to true. Is the list view not an archive of tribe_events post type?

Barry

Hi – great question!

It may simply have been an oversight; I’ll certainly log this as something we need to reconsider, though, and if appropriate we’ll make the necessary changes in due course 🙂

Are you able to work around this by using other conditionals, such as tribe_is_month()?

Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

I was unaware of the tribe_is_xxxx conditionals. This did resolve my issue.

Barry

Excellent 🙂

In that case I will go ahead and close out this thread – but do know we’ve also logged an issue to revisit our interaction with various query properties (like is_post_type_archive). If any other questions crop up, please don’t hesitate to create a new thread and one of the team will be only too happy to assist.

Last but not least, if you have a moment to spare we’d love to hear your thoughts on The Events Calendar over on our plugin review page – thanks again!

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We weren’t able to get to it for our upcoming 3.8 release, but it is still very much on the radar. We hope to have it fixed in an upcoming release, and we will do our best to keep you posted on our progress. Thanks for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah
    and the team at Modern Tribe

Leah

Hi there,

I wanted to drop in here and let you know that a fix for this problem is included in our upcoming release. Keep an eye on your Updates page for the new version and watch our blog for the release notes post.

If you experience any issues after updating your plugins to the new versions, please open a new thread in the forum and we’d be happy to take a look.

Thank you for your patience while we expand and improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘List view and conditional tags’ is closed to new replies.