Location Search Not Working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Location Search Not Working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    fnfweb
    Participant

When I enter a place in the “Near”/location field, nothing happens or shows up. I have one event in there that’s in Venice, CA, and that won’t show up either.

Barry

Hi:

When I look at the upcoming events page (ie, at …/events/upcoming/) I don’t see any results – similarly, that means no future events are being found for display on the map view page.

If you create a new test event and set it to display at some future date – and of course assign it to a venue with a valid address – does the same problem still occur?

fnfweb
    Participant

There is one event in there that is scheduled for tonight at 7:00PM Pacific time (http://essential-essentials.com/event/medicine-cabinet-makeover-diamond-club-event/). It is prematurely showing up as having passed. I will create a new test event farther into the future now so you can look at the location search issue.

Barry

Hi!

I see you created a new test event and now the pin marker seems to be displaying as expected on your map view. With regards to the issue you reported initially, are you happy this is now resolved?

There is one event in there that is scheduled for tonight at 7:00PM Pacific time (http://essential-essentials.com/event/medicine-cabinet-makeover-diamond-club-event/). It is prematurely showing up as having passed.

That sounds like a separate problem and it could be worth creating a fresh support thread if you need more help on that front – but in the first instance I’d recommend checking your WordPress installation’s timezone setting (via the General Settings admin screen).

If it is a fresh installation and this has been left at GMT (London Time) then that might explain this problem.

Does that help at all?

fnfweb
    Participant

The original issue still stands – when I search for any city in the “near”/ location search box, nothing happens. The new event is in “Tarzana, CA”, but when I search that it doesn’t come up.

Barry

OK. Something does seem to be amiss – but there is a general breakage of the Tribe Bar functionality here and I’m not sure what is causing it. For instance, after the result set reloads (albeit it is empty) I am not seeing the messaging I would expect when no results are found nor am I amble to conduct a further search within map view.

YES, I’ve deactivated all other plugins to check for a plugin conflict.
    YES, I’ve reverted to the 2011 default WordPress theme (with other plugins still deactivated) to check for a theme conflict.

I definitely appreciate you running through the above steps – can you confirm if there was any difference with everything else deactivated?

fnfweb
    Participant

It works when the default theme is activated, just tested it.

I still need help trying to troubleshoot though, because the theme and this software are both essential to the project. Thanks!

Barry

OK. It looks like in Events → Settings → Display you may have configured things so that the Default Page Template is in use. Can you change this to the Default Event Template and see if that makes any difference?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Location Search Not Working’ is closed to new replies.