Locking one event only at a time

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Locking one event only at a time

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kevin

Hi, i’m almost buying the pro calendar and got a request for a special feature. Users will be using the week view to set up events by the hour (1h meeting, 2h meeting, 4h etc.) and i’d need to lock the time period during which an event occurs.
    So if a user (Author in WP) sets an event between 3pm and 5pm on friday 12th of sept 2014, no one could add another meeting during this period of time at this exact date. Unless of course an admin user (admin & author). Is that possible?

Josh
    Participant

Hey kevin,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

It sounds like you’re in need of a scheduling scheduling system that allows your site authors to “reserve” something for a set time? This isn’t something that is built into The Events Calendar plugin. However, you could possibly create something that acts similarly using one of our ticketing plugins. It would take some custom development to get to what you’re describing but would be possible.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you a direct response however I hope this was able to point you in the right direction.

If you have any further questions when considering to purchase our plugins please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

kevin

Hey Josh,
    you got it yes. But there wouldn’t be any actual buying of anything, just a booking of a schedule. Sounds like this Eventbrite Tickets would be too much for me.
    Do you guys at Tribe do custom develoments for special features such as this one? I’d be more than ready to pay of course.
    Thanks

Josh
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Kevin,

I’ve noticed you’ve marked the previous response as the correct answer. I’ll go ahead and close out this ticket but if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

kevin

Na i think that you did mark your answer but yhat’s ok. I got my infos 🙂
    I’ll check with the client and hit that email if they confirm that need.
    Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Kevin,

Sorry about that. It may have been triggered by another user.

I’ll keep the ticket closed then and if you need anything else, the encouragement to open a new ticket still stands 🙂

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Locking one event only at a time’ is closed to new replies.