Main navigation for "Events" stays permanently in "On" state

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Main navigation for "Events" stays permanently in "On" state

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Robert Hickling
    Participant

It looks like my events tab in my navigation is permanently stuck to “on” no matter what page is selected. Here’s my site: http://redpoppyarthouse.org. Thanks!

Robert, did you use the WP menu manager events panel to add the link?

Christina
    Participant

I saw this same behavior. I used Appearance > Menu to build my menus. My Events menu item always has the class “current_menu_item current_page_item” designation no matter what page I am on. As a temporary fix, I used css !important to override it

Ok thanks folks. We’ll look into it.

Robert Hickling
    Participant

HI, Christina,
    Can you let me know the specifics of the css !important you used? Thanks!

Christina
    Participant

It really depends on what you are trying to do in your active state and what the menu idea number is. In my case, I’m underlining active links, and my Events link is “21”. So my code is this:

.menu-item-21 a { text-decoration: none !important;} /*turn off underline globally*/
    .events-archive .menu-item-21 a { text-decoration: underline !important;} /*activate it on event calendar page*/
    .events-single .menu-item-21 a { text-decoration: underline !important;} /*activate it on single event page*/

Robert Hickling
    Participant

Hi, Shane,
    Sorry to be a pest. Any luck?
    Thanks,

Rob

Robert & Christina – we’ve identified that this was a legitimate bug. We have fixed it for 2.0.1, so that anytime someone is on an events-related loop (list view, grid view, single day, etc) the top-level “Events” header is highlighted. Just QA’d this today so it’s ready to go once we get the code out there.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Main navigation for "Events" stays permanently in "On" state’ is closed to new replies.