Maps zoom functions messed up

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Maps zoom functions messed up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    valerie2776
    Participant

Hi, I’m having a problem with all of the maps that show up in the events calendar; the zoom functions (as well as the (x) buttons on a marker’s info when it’s been clicked) are all weird and hard to control, as seen here http://nerdfighteria.com/events/. I tried changing my theme (from Adapt) and the problem went away, so there’s definitely a conflict there; I just am too unfamiliar with wordpress and code to be able to know how to fix it, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Additionally, is it possible to automatically (instead of having to x out) have a previous event marker info balloon close in map view when another is clicked on? Thank you!

(Also apologies for asking 2 different questions at once, but is there any way to have a ‘submit an event’ button (I have the community events addon) be displayed on the main events page?)

Barry

So with regards to the map issues – is the primary problem that the tooltips aren’t collapsing once you’ve clicked on them?

I don’t actually see any Javascript errors which would ordinarily be helpful for something like this, so it’s a bit puzzling. Have you by any chance tried switching events template (via the Events > Settings > Display admin screen) and does that impact at all?

(Also apologies for asking 2 different questions at once, but is there any way to have a ‘submit an event’ button (I have the community events addon) be displayed on the main events page?)

It’s usually best to create a separate topic 🙂

Would you be able to do that and confirm what you mean exactly (do you actually want the submission form plus submit button to be embedded, or just style a link to the submission form such that it looks like a button)?

Thanks!

valerie2776
    Participant

The main problem is that the zoom in & out buttons are gone/all glitchy on all maps, as well as the (x) button on the windows with event info if you click a map marker. It’s not a huuuge problem, since you can still zoom in and out by scrolling, but it looks ugly and messy.

I have tried switching templates, and it looks the exact same in all of them.

See exactly what I mean by the parts circled: http://i.imgur.com/jkkiTm8.png

Barry

Thanks for the screenshot … not sure how I missed that!

OK, so those contorted controls are due to a CSS rule in your theme’s adapt/engine/css/default.css stylesheet:

img { max-width: 100% !important; font-style: italic; }

(Really just the max-width portion of the rule). You might be able to counter this by adding a new rule as follows which you could place in a custom tribe-events.css stylesheet:

img { max-width: inherit !important; }

We’ve got instructions on setting up such a stylesheet in our Themer’s Guide: does that help?

Robyn
    Participant

I had same problem with zoom in/out buttons. Following Barry’s suggestion, I added the following to my custom tribe-events.css stylesheet – and it is now working.
    .tribe-events-venue-map img { max-width: inherit !important; }
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Barry

Great!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Maps zoom functions messed up’ is closed to new replies.