Microformats – Missing Summary Errors

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Microformats – Missing Summary Errors

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jack Tumpson
    Participant

Hey guys,
    I checked my Google Webmaster Tools today and was quiet alarmed when I saw I had 17,119 items with hcalendar microformats. 16,333 of them have errors. The error says missing:summary. What is even stranger is that these 17,119 exist on only 3,273 pages.
    Thoughts?

Thanks,
    – Jordan

Barry

Hi Jordan:

There are currently some issues with our microformat implementation that we’re actively working on.

I’ll add this thread to the relevant entry within our internal issue tracker and as soon as we’ve got something substantive to report about a future fix or improvements we’ll do our very best to drop an update in here 🙂

Thanks!

Jack Tumpson
    Participant

Barry,
    Sounds good. I am thinking that these errors won’t severally hurt my seo.
    I hope you guys can come to a resolution. I understand the hurdles that microformats present.

Thanks,
    – Jordan

Barry

Certainly so far as we can tell it seems like webmaster-type tools are really giving helpful diagnostic information in reporting these problems rather than an indication of impact in search engine rankings as such – but we do realize it’s something we need to build on and improve nonetheless.

Thanks again for your support and patience (and I’ll go ahead and close out this thread) 🙂

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that we have been working diligently on a fix for this issue. Our next release will be available soon and should correct this problem. Please keep an eye on your Plugins and Updates pages for a version update. If you are still having problems after updating, please start a new thread with the details and we can assist you.

Best,
    Leah

joshholden
    Participant

Was 3.6 supposed to correct this? I’m still setting errors on this micro formats issue.

Barry

Unfortunately we missed some replies – please accept our apologies on that count. Right now though we are only notified when the original poster updates the thread: for that reason it is always best to create a new thread of your own. With that in mind and also because quite a lot of time has passed at this point I will go ahead and close the thread – but if you still need help please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks again!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Microformats – Missing Summary Errors’ is closed to new replies.