mini calendar event links open in iframe?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO mini calendar event links open in iframe?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sigurdur81
    Participant

Hello,
    I have a few questions. I have gone through the forums and I have not found the solutions I am looking for. I am using the event rocket shortcode for the widget.

#1 I saw that the hover option is not available in the mini calendar widget. Is it possible that when you click a date with an event it opens in a iframe with the available events?

#2 Another option would be that when you click a date with an event it redirects you to the event on the main calendar page.

#3 I need to find a way to make no events appear below the mini-calendar when clicking a date, I tried limit=”0″ in the shortcode: [event_rocket_calendar limit=”0″] and that did not work.

That will be all for now, but there might be something more when I continue to customize this great plugin.

Thank you
    Sigurdur Juliusson

Barry

Hi Sigurdur πŸ™‚

It’s important to note first of all that Event Rocket is a third party plugin which we do not support here on the Modern Tribe forums.

(…I happen to be the author of that plugin, but even so it isn’t part of the official Modern Tribe stable and it would be more appropriate to seek help in relation to it over on the wordpress.org forums).

Thinking of the calendar widget in general terms, though:

#1 I saw that the hover option is not available in the mini calendar widget. Is it possible that when you click a date with an event it opens in a iframe with the available events?

That would certainly be possible, but it would be a comparatively advanced customization which you would largely have to drive forward yourself.

A great starting point for this is our Themer’s Guide, which covers the basics of safely overriding and customizing plugin templates, and you may also be interested in our technical docs covering things like our tribe_get_events() helper (which would allow you to generate a list of events on a specific day).

#2 Another option would be that when you click a date with an event it redirects you to the event on the main calendar page.

Again, that’s definitely possible as a further customization – though you would probably want to link to day view rather than a specific event (unless you know for certain that only one event is taking place on a particular day).

The link for each day in the mini calendar grid can be overridden by using the tribe_events_the_mini_calendar_day_link filter hook.

I hope that helps – and good luck πŸ™‚

sigurdur81
    Participant

The link for each day in the mini calendar grid can be overridden by using the tribe_events_the_mini_calendar_day_link filter hook.

Can you give an example for this adjustment for me? Or a little more detail and I will take it from there.

Barry

For sure – here is a minimal example:

add_filter( 'tribe_events_the_mini_calendar_day_link', 'alter_mini_cal_day_links' );

function alter_mini_cal_day_links() {
    	// Get information about the current day
    	$day  = tribe_events_get_current_month_day();

// The date itself, ie "2014-12-31"
    	$date = $day['date'];

// If we have any events on this day
    	$has_events = $day['total_events'] > 0;

// Use the above if needed to craft your custom link
    	return '<a href="some-url"> Text </a>';
    }
    sigurdur81
    Participant

I am still not able to get the link thing to work.

I have made a copy of the single-day.php and moved it to my themes folder but I am not very good with php. Could you please explain where to put the code.

Another issue that I am trying to do is to get the :
    $days_of_week = tribe_events_get_days_of_week(‘short’);
    to show only one letter like: M T W T F S S

sigurdur81
    Participant

I am unable to find out how to remove the calendar title (EVENT CALENDAR)

Barry

Hi Sigurdur,

Apologies for the confusion!

So the snippet I provided earlier would actually be added to something like your theme’s functions.php file – it would not typically be added to the single-day.php template or anything like that.

Another issue that I am trying to do is to get the :
    $days_of_week = tribe_events_get_days_of_week(β€˜short’);
    to show only one letter like: M T W T F S S

This can also be filtered – rather like we did tribe_events_the_mini_calendar_day_link in the first snippet – and the hook to use is tribe_events_get_days_of_week πŸ™‚

I am unable to find out how to remove the calendar title (EVENT CALENDAR)

The widget settings let you control this – so simply visit Appearance > Widgets and delete the current title, then save the changes.

I don’t think there is too much more we can do to assist on this one, but if anything else does crop up please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed (please do stick to one question/issue per forum thread where possible πŸ™‚ ) and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘mini calendar event links open in iframe?’ is closed to new replies.