Missing Event Titles For Events in calendar Month View

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Missing Event Titles For Events in calendar Month View

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    errenee
    Participant

Hello,
    I am having a problem with the plugin not loading the event titles on the calendar view page. The only way to view the events is to click where it says “view as month” and toggle it to list. I also got them to show up by going back to the October events, letting it load-and then going to November and the titles showed up for me and I was able to click and view the event. This is strange to me because the hover and pop ups are working just fine. Your help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

http://easypeasycraft.com/events/

Barry

Hi errenee,

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing difficulties.

YES, I’ve deactivated all other plugins to check for a plugin conflict.
    YES, I’ve reverted to the 2011 default WordPress theme (with other plugins still deactivated) to check for a theme conflict.

Thanks first of all for running through the above steps – can you confirm if that made any difference? The odd thing here is that it doesn’t look on first appearances to be a CSS conflict causing some of the event titles to be hidden, they aren’t being “printed” at all.

Do you have any customizations in place (template overrides or anything like that)?

errenee
    Participant

I don’t think I do, I switched back to a default theme and it was the same problem. I looked at my function and css files just to see and nothing caught my attention that could potentially cause the problem. Both of my plugins are the newest versions, I wasn’t having this problem before the update…

I thought it might me an issue with the time it takes for the plugin to load? When you first come to the page, the spinner doesn’t show up but it does when you switch between months. After the spinner loads, all the events show up.

I am also running the newest version of WordPress so my scripts should all be using the newest versions, correct? Is there any way to check that?

Barry

Hi!

I am also running the newest version of WordPress so my scripts should all be using the newest versions, correct? Is there any way to check that?

Great question: that’s actually not necessarily the case, it’s definitely possible to have the latest version of WordPress but older or even obsolete versions of plugins and themes running.

That said, it looks to me like you are running 3.8.1 (for both The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO) so you seem to be in good shape on that count (to check for yourself, please visit the plugins admin page which lists each plugin installed on your site along with the version number).

I don’t think I do, I switched back to a default theme and it was the same problem.

OK, but you can confirm that – at the same time as switching to a default theme – you had deactivated all other plugins, as described in our troubleshooting/conflict test steps? I’d just like to be sure that, even if there is no problem with the theme, there are no conflicts with other plugins, either.

Thanks!

errenee
    Participant

Deactivating all plugins worked. I guess I will have to go through and see what one was causing the issue. Thank you for you time.

Barry

No problem, I’ll leave this open for a while in case you find the culprit and want to leave a note in here (could be useful for others) – but hopefully it is something you can easily swap out and replace if a fix doesn’t seem readily apparent  🙂

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Missing Event Titles For Events in calendar Month View’ is closed to new replies.