More gallery type images for events/venues

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO More gallery type images for events/venues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    edmundus
    Participant

Is it possible to add more than just the featured image to event posts/venues. I realise you can just insert images into the description but this is untidy and not great for responsive sites. Something like a Woocommerce product page gallery would be ideal.

Any thoughts welcome.

Barry

Anything is possible!

If you don’t want to place those images in the description though you’d need to get creative: there might be some existing plugins out there you can re-purpose and I seem to remember there is one that even lets you add multiple featured images to posts, including (I believe) custom post types such as events.

Combine something like that with a template override (you might customize the single-event.php template and replace the tribe_event_featured_image() call with some new function that takes a stack of featured images and transforms them into a gallery/slideshow, for instance) and you should be able to get there.

You can find out more about template overrides and safe customization of The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO in our Themer’s Guide:

tri.be/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide

I hope that helps 🙂

Benjamin Hope
    Participant

Hi Barry – an add on question to this.
    If I want to style the featured image either in the event post or in the list view – is there a simple way to do so w/ custom CSS?

Barry

I’m sorry we didn’t see your post – unfortunately we aren’t alerted to new replies unless they are made by the original poster. I’ll go ahead and close this one out as it’s been quite a while at this point, but if you do need further help please don’t hesitate to post a follow-up thread. Thanks and sorry for the confusion!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘More gallery type images for events/venues’ is closed to new replies.