Moving the ticket Box

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Moving the ticket Box

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    stevebrickle
    Participant

I followed the instructions here https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/move-eventbrite-ticket-to-the-top/ for moving the ticket box up the page. However it did not work for me.
    I moved the line
    @@@php
    <?php do_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta’ ) ?>
    @@@
    above Event Content. In addition I have not made any changes to the functions.php file.

I can’t test the function, it looks fine.

Can you forsee any problems before the site goes live

Barry

Hi Steve,

The only real problems that might surface are where you start using solutions, fixes or other extensions which assume that hook will be in the correct place – that said, it’s unlikely it will cause any serious issues and indeed it may be you never encounter any problems.

As an alternative, though, what about adding a snippet like this to your theme’s functions.php file (or some other suitable place):

add_action( 'init', 'move_eb_ticket_form' );

function move_eb_ticket_form() {
    	$callback = array( Event_Tickets_PRO::instance(), 'displayEventBriteTicketForm' );
    	remove_action( 'tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta', $callback, 9 );
    	add_action( 'tribe_events_single_event_before_the_content', $callback );
    }

Would that work?

stevebrickle
    Participant

Hi Bazza,
    Many thanks (almost as fast as Shopp!!!)
    As usually happens with this stuff, client is indecisive!!. I will utilise your suggestion while the procrastination continues.
    Small place this web
    Steve

Barry

It is indeed a small place 🙂

Glad it helped, just let me know if there’s anything else we can do to help with this one (or if there are any other separate issues that crop up definitely open a new thread and one of the team will be happy to help).

Thanks!

I tried adding the function to move the tickets box using the function above. I have a child theme so I created a file called functions.php in my child theme and then added the code below. When I upload it to my child theme and refresh the site, I get a completely white page. Any suggestions?

<?php
    add_action( ‘init’, ‘move_eb_ticket_form’ );

function move_eb_ticket_form() {
    $callback = array( Event_Tickets_PRO::instance(), ‘displayEventBriteTicketForm’ );
    remove_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta’, $callback, 9 );
    add_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_before_the_content’, $callback );
    }
    ?>

I found another post that achieved what I wanted. Here it is in case some comes across this here: https://theeventscalendar.com/moving-the-ticket-form/

Barry

Glad you’re all sorted 🙂

It’s worth noting tri.be/moving-the-ticket-form relates to WooCommerce Tickets whereas this thread was created in respect of Eventbrite Tickets – which might explain the confusion – but thank you in any case for confirming.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but if we can help with anything else please do feel free to create new tickets as required.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Moving the ticket Box’ is closed to new replies.