Multiple price tiers based on user status/membership?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Multiple price tiers based on user status/membership?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David Kudler

We’re a member organization that allows attendance by non-members at our events. We’d love to use Tickets to handle registration and payment.

One question: is it possible to have different ticket levels based on user status? That is, our members don’t pay (or, in some cases, don’t pay as much) while visitors do.

We’re using a membership plugin called S2; we’re considering moving to MemberMouse. Any thoughts on either or both concerning compatibility with Tickets? We’d ideally love for folks to be able to sign up for membership in the same way they register for a workshop.

Barry

Hi!

Thanks for considering our plugins 🙂

We’ve built everything to be as customizable as possible so, while we can’t offer support for third-party plugins like S2 or Member Mouse, at a high level this would definitely appear to be a readily achievable goal.

You could for instance set up tickets for an event – each can be individually named – and prefix them with an identifier like “Gold Members:” or “Silver Members:” (or whatever is appropriate in your case) then, as a further customization, selectively show or hide each according to the current user’s membership status.

Alternatively, depending on your customer base, you might find that’s unnecessary and simply explaining who is entitled to what and naming the ticket types clearly will be sufficient (after all, generally speaking you can with most ecommerce plugins vet orders before they are completed and so ratify their entitlement at that stage).

Whichever approach you take, this is eminently possible so long as your membership plugins make it easy to check on the role/status of the user with regards to their membership level.

I hope that answers your question but do let me know if I can help with anything else.

David Kudler

Wonderful. Thanks!

Barry

My pleasure 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple price tiers based on user status/membership?’ is closed to new replies.