[Multisite] "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page."

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO [Multisite] "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    jsoto22
    Participant

I can’t access the setting page in any way from any of my network sites admin.

I tried to “Network Activate” and also to activate it per site but that didn’t help.

Please advice.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy jsoto22,

What you want to do is go to the individual sites dashboard page. Then Events should show up in the right hand area. If you are in the network admin area though, you can access license keys and network settings by going to Settings > Events Settings. But, the majority of the options are in the individual sites admin areas which can easily be found by clicking on one and then clicking its dashboard link.

Does that all make sense? Did it answer your question? Please let me know. Cheers!

– Brook

jsoto22
    Participant

I also have the same issue again when logging in. I can’t access any part of the admin because I get the same message: “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”. It doesn’t matter if I login on the main site or a secondary one.

WP – 4.0
    The Events Calendar PRO – 3.8

What can I do?

jsoto22
    Participant

One more thing (maybe it helps): when logging in it automatically goes to /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tribe-events-calendar&tec-update-message=1

jsoto22
    Participant

I tried to delete them from server to see which one was causing trouble. When I deleted them both I had no problem logging in.

It definitely has something to do with The Events Calendar 3.8. I placed its folder again in the plugins folder first and I got the same message (You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.) and the same URL as described above.

Brook
    Participant

That is alarming. Is your account a “network admin”?

I am wondering if something on your site is changing permissions and or user roles. Do you have a plugin or something that changes WP USer Roles or permissions? Have you perhaps ever changed them via the WP API? Since those changes are rather persistent it could be the source of the problem.

Only users with the appropriate privileges can access the upgrade page. If something has changed one of the many user roles then you it can render you unable to access certain pages. But in the case of an update screen, you have to access the page to continue. It’s an unfortunate set of events.

One thing that might fix it is testing if there is a conflict. This guide will help you do that.

Hopefully you have an idea of what might have changed the user roles. If not this is going to be very difficult.

– Brook

jsoto22
    Participant

My account is indeed a “network admin”. No plugin to change user roles. And no, there wasn’t any change at the user level / WP API. So, to clarify this: noone have changed the user roles.

Other admins (there are 3 people managing it) have complained about it, too. Noone can login.

With all plugins switched off the one that is causing problems when activated alone is “The Events Calendar”.

Please advice.

jsoto22
    Participant

This reply is private.

jsoto22
    Participant

Can anyone help us with this? Our network really needs this plugin working since we have weekly meetings set up.
    Thanks.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

jsoto22
    Participant

I followed your steps but “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.” when activating TEC 🙁 I was still running no other plugins and had the Twenty Fourteen theme enabled.

jsoto22
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Robert
    Participant

This seems somewhat relevant so I’ll try posting here first:
    I have a multisite network with many editors and all of them are being locked out of the admin panel because of the tec-update-message after recent update, seeing exactly the same behavior as OP. I added a simple fix to lib/Activation_Page.php which you might consider including in the plugin:

`
    if ( !current_user_can(‘manage_options’) ) {
    return; // don’t lock out editor accounts
    }
    `
    This is in maybe_redirect function that is launched on admin_init hook. I’ve put it right after is_admin || DOING_AJAX but order should be irrelevant.

Brook
    Participant

Thank you sschur. I will look into that.

Another possible fix is to add this snippet to your theme’s functions.php. It completely disable the activation/update screen and will persist across plugin updates. http://pastebin.com/FAvMaaH6

– Brook

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘[Multisite] "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page."’ is closed to new replies.