Needed: Recurring events on weekdays and/or weekends only option

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Needed: Recurring events on weekdays and/or weekends only option

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jason Emanuelson
    Participant

Good day,

As the subject says, we really need a solution for calendars that have both weekday and weekend events that are recurring. The client has cases where there are events going on each weekday, but not the weekends, happen twice a day and go on for months. In the current scheme, I believe they would have to have two master events each day recurring or 10 master events. Instead, a simple weekday option would mean a single event that is recurring. This is just one example, and they have many of the exact same type of events. You can only imaging how messy this will get once the calendar is filled out.

Also, it would be very cool to affect the title font-weight without having to dig into the css. Category Colors plug-in fixes it on the tooltip, but not on the event on the calendar itself.

Geoff

Hi there, Jason! Welcome back to the forums. πŸ™‚

Good question. The PRO plugin does support custom patterns for recurring events. For example, you can set up a single recurring event that occurs just on weekday evenings. You can even set that recurring event to end on a specific date, whether it’s for one week or much longer. Here’s a screenshot of what that configuration might look like.

Also, it would be very cool to affect the title font-weight without having to dig into the css.

Absolutely, that would awesome. We try our best to provide both fully styled and fully stripped options for convenience and flexibility, but ultimately, the calendar CSS will rely on the the theme’s CSS as well. That means you’d likely wind up having to dig in there anyway.

That’s an interesting idea, though. You might want to submit it as a feature request on our UserVoice page. We check there often for popular ideas to roll into future releases.

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Jason! Just checking in to see if there’s been any further update or if you still need assistance on this one–let me know. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Jason Emanuelson
    Participant

Good day Geoff,
    I was able to get the recurring events to work. Thank you for the insight. I did encounter what is being seen as a bug, though. If you select every 0 weeks, so it happens each week, it displays on the events listing. Is there a way to put in an if/then statement in the code that says for recurring events that are every 0 weeks, it says “each/every week” instead? It confuses people into thinking the event might be done, yet still displaying.

As far as the css styling, I will put something in the user requests. Thank you.

Out of curiosity, who developed the integration module (plug-in for the Avia layout editor) for Enfold?

Geoff

Thanks for following up, Jason! So glad the recurring events are working out. πŸ™‚

The every zero weeks thing is interesting. Using zero in that field is basically going to tell the calendar the same thing as setting “one” instead because zero is undefined. In fact, when I test locally, I get the same pattern for both “zero” and “one” as I would expect.

One thing you could do is select the option to show only the first instance of your recurring event. That can be done in Events > Settings > General by checking the box for the “Recurring event instances” option.

Out of curiosity, who developed the integration module (plug-in for the Avia layout editor) for Enfold?

Good question. I’m honestly not sure. I believe it is a product by the fine folks at Kriesi.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Jason! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread. We’d be happy to help. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Needed: Recurring events on weekdays and/or weekends only option’ is closed to new replies.