Enabling next month link if there are no future events?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Enabling next month link if there are no future events?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Clark
    Participant

Hi, we recently updated to 3.7 of the events calendar and ran into an issue. It seems now that when there are no future events, the link for the next month is not rendered. This seems like a feature or some done intentionally. Is there a way to disable it? Or is it perhaps a bug?.

Nathan Clark
    Participant

I see now that this was an intentional change and not a bug. Is there a way to disable this new feature?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

You are correct, this is an intentional change.

There is no option to disable it from the Admin area.

However, you can create your own function to replace the existing function.

I did a test and got this to work for me.

You will have to follow the Themer’s Guide to get the month\nav.php into your theme to edit.

Once there you can rename tribe_events_the_next_month_link(); to custom_tribe_events_the_next_month_link();

Then put this function in your Functions.php of your theme and that should be it. (this function is from 3.6.1 and renamed to not cause conflicts)

http://pastebin.com/c1XBwX1r

if you get stuck somewhere let us know and we can get you going in the right direction.

Thanks!

Nathan Clark
    Participant

Thank you for responding and taking the time to provide some sample code! I will check this out.

Nathan Clark
    Participant

It seems that in IE8 the month links are still visible even though there are no future events. However, when you click those link nothing happens. I would think that the links should be hidden as well.
    Example site:
    http://wp.tegandev.com/calendar/2014-09/

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

I took a look at your site in IE8 and did not see the links for future events.

How are you testing in IE8.

Are you using that browser directly or through the IE Developer Tools?

If you are having trouble with IE8 and The Events Calendar Future links could you create a new ticket for that issue.

It will help other people that have that same issue if it is in it’s own topic and for us to to solve it.Let us know if you are still having issues with IE8 and we can help out.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Enabling next month link if there are no future events?’ is closed to new replies.