Next year's dates showing wrong

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Next year's dates showing wrong

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rufman
    Participant

In my development site I see the following…
    On my Events Archive Page Events for the current year show as:
    Club Event โ€“ 18 December 2014
    December 18 @ 17:00 – 21:00

But Events for next year show as:
    Club Event โ€“ 19 February 2015
    1919-0202-2015201520152015 @ 17:00 – 21:00

Club Event 14 May 2015
    1414-0505-2015201520152015 @ 17:00 – 21:00

I was using The Events Calendar and TEC Pro version 3.7
    I updated to 3.8.1 and the problem still comes up.

Any suggestions?

Geoff

Hi there, Charles! Welcome to the forums and sorry you’re running into some issues here. Hopefully we can figure it out together. ๐Ÿ™‚

That’s certainly strange! I haven’t seen the date format get jumbled up like that before. It looks like the Date, Month and Year values are printing to the page repeatedly in stead of once.

I tried to replicate the issue on my own setup (running the WordPress Twenty Fourteen theme and no other plugins), but was unable to get the same result for events in 2015.

I see in your notes that you tried deactivating all other plugins–thanks for doing that! By chance, are you able to try switching to a default WordPress theme as well? It sounds like a theme conflict is a real possibility here and testing for one would really help out.

Once you activate a default theme, please follow the steps in our guide to testing for conflicts.

Please give that a shot and let me know what you find.

Cheers!
    Geoff

rufman
    Participant

Hi Geoff

I did this:

A. I deactivated and deleted both the EC and TEC PRO
    B. Reinstalled both with latest versions
    C. Have setup twentytwelve theme as default
    D. Created new event for 2015

So I think I did all needed to have a clear starting point. However the problem still occurs.

FYI >> In the admin events overview the start and end dates also appear in that odd format.
    *Title Organizer Venue Event Categories Recurring Start Date End Date ID
    *Club Event ORGANIZER VENUE Club Event – 1717-1212-2015201520152015 1717-1212-2015201520152015 5775

rufman
    Participant

BTW. I just did the whole test as described in “guide to testing for conflicts”

Same result…

Geoff

Thanks for testing for conflicts! I really appreciate it. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m still unable to get the same result on my end when testing with the Twenty Twelve theme and no other plugins installed.

Do you have any custom date formats set up? For example, can you check your settings under Events > Settings > Display and confirm that your settings are formatted similar to this screenshot?

It would also help if you could provide me with a URL for your development site so I can see an example. Let me know if you’re able to send that as well.

The last resort I want to try is working with a fresh site install and clean database. I have a feeling that the database got tied up somehow and that data would need to be cleaned out to wipe those date formats out.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, just checking in to see if thereโ€™s been any further update or if you still need assistance on this one–let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there,ย Charles! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread. We’d be happy to help. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Next year's dates showing wrong’ is closed to new replies.