Nice job but location search doesn't work

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Nice job but location search doesn't work

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Overall, very well done. But the search by location does not work properly.

1) If you have a dropdown by state, it would seem a given that you should have a dropdown to search by state.

2) When you choose a month and then start typing in a state name, as some do, the events in that state will not be found. It only works if a user types in a city name – which will not happen all the time. It is worse when someone puts in an event in New York, NY or Manhattan, NY.

Now I respect the desire to have an ajax dropdown and you’d have concerns with having a by state dropdown option. I can understand that. But unless you have a consistent search solution, it’s essential to have one that can be used easily and that works. Put the state dropdown in as an option and keep the city for the fulltext search.

Michael

Another disappointment – is the plugin not responsive? Love it but this would be a disappointment, considering how many WordPress themes are these days.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Michael,

Good question. The plugin is pretty fully responsive. You do need the latest version of the plugin though, which you will not have if your license has expired.

Regarding filtering by State, I agree it would be an awesome feature. Our full text search is limited by the Google Maps API. If the query you type in there is not recognized it is not always possible for us to fix it.

Checkout the State feature suggestions page here. It looks to me like what you want would be this feature in particular. if so please vote it up, every vote counts. If you did simply want a drop down filter that will find events based on their state drop down, that seems pretty doable and to my knowledge not API limited.

Thank you for posting. It is nice to get feedback so we know what peoples desires us. Let me know if you have any more questions or anything. Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Michael,

Since you this topic appears to be inactive we are going to archive it. Please direct any other questions to a new topic. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Nice job but location search doesn't work’ is closed to new replies.