No Feature Image area

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO No Feature Image area

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    fitbodylife
    Participant

I do not have a featured image box on the events page. how do i can that? it’s not in the screen optinos either

Barry

Hi!

Your theme may not declare support for featured images (if you can’t add featured images at all, even on regular pages or posts this is probably the case), or may have restricted the use of featured images to a handful of post types (if you can add them for regular pages/posts then this is probably the issue).

Regardless, it may be worth contacting the theme author for support. Probably all that needs to happen is add the following line, or change the existing featured image support code so it looks like this:

add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails' );

This opens up the potential for using featured images with all post types. Does that help at all here?

fitbodylife
    Participant

where should i add that code to? functions.php?

Barry

Yes – ideally – however a lot depends on the existing code in your theme. If you know that it doesn’t already declare featured image support (for any post types) then it may not matter as much.

On the other hand, if there is an existing call to add_theme_support() somewhere in there you will probably need to replace that one with the line I suggested above.

Again, as this really depends on your theme and how it was put together, it may be best to check in with the theme author if you have any doubts 🙂

fitbodylife
    Participant

adding that line to functions.php worked. thank you

Barry

Excellent!

I’ll go ahead and close this thread in that case – but if we can help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new thread and one of the team will be only too happy to assist.

Also, if you have a moment, we’d love to hear your thoughts on The Events Calendar over on our plugin review page. Thanks again 🙂

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘No Feature Image area’ is closed to new replies.