one last problem with events calendar workaround on canvas theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO one last problem with events calendar workaround on canvas theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    barrybradford
    Participant

Hi,
    We originally had trouble with the Events Calendar not working properly on our Canvas theme. As soon as we were pointed to making some changes in the functions.php page per this link – https://theeventscalendar.com/garbled-events-page-fix/ the Events Calendar worked but 2 other problems popped up.

1) I cannot select which widgets to appear / hide in the footer of the page. All of the widgets appear. I tried to fool the Events Calendar by making a new page, calling it ‘schedule’…and before assigning the Events Calendar to ‘schedule’, selected which widgets were to appear, getting it how we wanted it. You can see that now — http://barrybradford.com/schedule/

But when I went to the settings tab in Events Calendar and assigned it to ‘schedule’, all my widget settings were disregarded.

Then we got a response to check to see if this was still true using the WordPress 2013 theme, I responded that it was and was not.

Because there were 2 issues with the workaround, and 1 got ‘fixed’ the thread was closed.

There’s still this footer widget thing.
    Can you please advise? If I were to make a special template that allowed only a certain number of footer widgets (and selecting with ones specifically) for just the calendar events page (speaking-schedule) would that work with how the Events Calendar is set up??

Barry

Hi – thanks for getting in touch 🙂

It’s important to understand that many of our views are neither posts or pages and so creating a regular WP page that happens to share the same slug as the main events page slug (as defined in the event settings screen) – and then configuring that page – will not work as you expect, nor is it intended to.

If configuring the widgets that appear on a page-by-page basis is a feature of Canvas then you’re probably not going to be able to use it for this purpose (not without some customization work at any rate), but perhaps there are other ways of approaching this issue.

Would it for instance be feasible for you to use a plugin like Widget Logic and add tests using some of our helper functions such as tribe_is_month() and tribe_is_event_query()? This would potentially allow you to target specific views and hide or show widgets as needed.

Could that help?

barrybradford
    Participant

Great. The plugin works like a charm.
    Thanks!

Barry

Awesome 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but if we can help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed … also, if you have a moment to spare, we’d also love to hear your thoughts on The Events Calendar over on our review page. Thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘one last problem with events calendar workaround on canvas theme’ is closed to new replies.