One login capabilities

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions One login capabilities

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mitch

We are using Membermouse to manage our member base. I was wondering if there was any way to allow members, once logged in to our site via membermouse, to then move to the events calendar to register for events and still remain logged in so any discounts, etc are shown without having to log in again?
    Thanks in advance for any help/feedback.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy!

Thanks for posting. I can sadly not speak specifically about Membermouse’s features, my only familiarity with them comes from the time I just spent reviewing their website. However, I can fill you in on how our plugin works.

Any WordPress Admin or Subscriber when logged in to WordPress can add and edit events. By default those events they add are viewable to anyone visitng your website, whether the visitor is logged in or not. It should not matter if they logged in via WordPress or Membermouse because they do not have to be logged in at all to view those events.

Technical details: The plugin itself just uses the standard WordPress login. Any other plugin which logs you into WordPress is likely to be fully compatible. The plugin pages are pretty run of the miss custom post types.

Hopefully that helps answer your question, or gives you enough info to work with Member Mouse. Keep in mind that The Events Calendar is a free download so you can try the basic features, only addons cost money. Please let me know if you have any more questions. If not, mind marking this resolved? Cheers!

– Brook

Mitch

Thanks, Brook.

I guess for further clarification, I was wondering if a member once signed on via membermouse (not admin for site), could remain logged in and then at checkout (via an add on like woo/eventbrite) automatically see the discounted rate as a member. Hope that makes sense.

Brook
    Participant

That makes sense. If Membermouse is logging you in to WordPresss, which it seems like they are, then there should be no reason to logout and back in again. Our plugin in this respect is just a standard WordPress plugin that implements WP Custom Post Types. This makes it pretty broadly compatible. If Membermouse is even relatively compatible with the standard WP Eco system (and it seems probably that they are) it would be unlikely to conflict, especially because our plugin does very little to user accounts or logins.

So far I have not seen anyone running the two plugins with each other. Although, I have seen a number of users state that they intended to and have not reported back with any issues. Unfortunately this is the extent of my knowledge. Please let me know if I can be of further help though. Thanks!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has gone for a couple of weeks without a response I going to archive it. If for some reason this issue is not resolved though, please open a new topic. We are happy to continue helping!

– Brook

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘One login capabilities’ is closed to new replies.