Optional/Hide Calendar (grid) display?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Optional/Hide Calendar (grid) display?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kathryn Gorges
    Participant

Hi!
    I’m integrating EC Pro and I only want to use the Events List and Event Page – I don’t want the Calendar Grid view nor the Events/Calendar/ICal buttons to be visible. I really think that what is visible on the front end should be selectable on the backend.

I can hide them via css easily enough, but I’d rather have them turned off. I did see a php file hack of some sort, but I hate doing file edits that are going to go away on an update… Got anything that could go in a child theme functions.php?

Barry

Hi Kathryn. I totally appreciate your viewpoint on editing files, however so long as you follow the guidelines laid down in our Themer’s Guide (link on the right, under Useful Resources) you should be ok – as your customizations will be stored separately from the core plugin and unaffected by The Events Calendar updates.

If you want to remove those buttons, you can do! Once again please refer to the Themer’s Guide for the background to this – but what you will be looking to remove from the relevant custom templates are template tags such as:

tribe_get_listview_link();

And also:

tribe_get_gridview_link();

For example, you can find this block of code in gridview.php – http://pastebin.com/s2QcBrn2 – if you simply remove it (from your custom template that is) then the buttons will no longer be present. Does that help?

Barry

… Just to clarify, you would need to repeat the same procedure with the list.php template.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Optional/Hide Calendar (grid) display?’ is closed to new replies.