Order by end date

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Order by end date

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    anna
    Participant

Hi!
    Currently the events displayed in the calendar are ordered by the start date. We have a long lasting events (art exhibitions, typically 2-3 months active). Now, we have a problem, that the longer the event is, the longer it stays on the top. And the short, weekend events that are ending soon, are somewhere at the bottom.
    To improve user experience I’d like to sort events by the end date. So events that are closed soon will go to the top.
    How can I change sorting method of the events?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Anna,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

That can definitely be a problem when events last for an extended period of time. Are you referring specifically to areas where events are listed out outside of the traditional calendar view? Such as the Event List Widget? If so, there is a filter that can be used to filter the query arguments, “tribe_events_list_widget_query_args“.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you a direct answer but hopefully this helps to point you in the right direction.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

anna
    Participant

Hi Josh,
    We use ‘poster’ view as default, because we find it most attractive (please check http://rynekisztuka.pl/kalendarz/)
    Our calendar is fully packed with events (more than 10 each day). I was thinking about this end date as a global rule for displaying events (except the ‘month’ view). Maybe a checkbox in settings, or some hacked php line.

Besides, if you browse our site a little bit, you will see lots of untranslated, english strings. Polish translation is only partially supported.

Also: It would be cool if event search bar supported drop down menu for location selection. Typically we look for something that is going on in our region/city (whatever). Dropdown filter on location would speed up the search of events.
    Thanks for help!

Josh
    Participant

Hello anna,

Thanks for following up!

You should be able to change the order for the posts for the photo view by using the “tribe_is_photo” function to check whether or not the current view is the photo view and then filtering the query args to change the from using the event start date to using the event end date. You can find a snippet that should help to point you in the right direction here.

Thanks!

lucaweb
    Participant

Hi guys,
    i have the same request(order events by end date)
    did u find a solution?
    tks
    Luca

Josh
    Participant

Hello Luca,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

In the future, it is best to open a new request so we’re able to answer your question as quickly as possible.

Ordering by end date will require customizations to the query. There is some great information provided here on the WordPress.org forums for our plugin that should get you pointed in the right direction.

The problem though is that you’ll probably need to contain your custom query to specific views or custom pages since the changed order will probably cause some strange issues for the grid or week views.

I hope this helps to get you pointed in the right directions.

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hello anna,

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you. We like to close tickets after they’ve been inactive for a while. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Order by end date’ is closed to new replies.