Organizing Lesson Packages

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Organizing Lesson Packages

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tribalance
    Participant

I am setting up a site for a client who provides swimming lessons. A typical ‘event’ would consist of a package of six lessons, starting on a certain day and continuing once per week for six weeks.

She has as many as 12 separate sessions per week happening, so when I set these up as recurring events, the calendar view is very busy. It also seems misleading or confusing to a potential customer to see an event on the calendar that is already in progress (and not available for registration.

Is there a best practice for setting up events such as these?

Is there a way to have only the first day of the lesson set clickable on the calendar view – showing the other days, but not being ‘active’?

I’ve set up a number of test events on the site, so please have a look. We are planning on using Woo Ticketing. Any input would be awesome!

Thank you!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using Pro and for your interest in WooCommerce Tickets.

I can try to help out here.

WooCommerce Tickets does not support recurring events. So the best thing to do with that is created the recurring event and then edit the first event only as a single event and add the tickets there. That way it will only show until that first event happens.

Is there a way to have only the first day of the lesson set clickable on the calendar view – showing the other days, but not being ‘active’?

Yes this could be possible, with would take some custom coding on your part for this to work.

If you follow my suggestion above with WooCommerce tickets that would break the first event out of the series. Then you could edit the remaining classes in the series and put a message about registering by the first event in them or something else you would like.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

tribalance
    Participant

Thanks Brian,
    The solution for ticketing just the first in a recurring event series will work for us and the client is happy with the test item on the site.
    I’m going to leave the second part alone for now 🙂
    Thanks!

Brian
    Keymaster

Great, glad it helps, I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you need any other on something else please post a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Organizing Lesson Packages’ is closed to new replies.