Permalink settings

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Permalink settings

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    capstone
    Participant

I have calendar pro and tickets. I want to use pretty links (domain/page-title/) but when clicking on a product or event, it goes to error page. The default permalink setting is something like domain/?page_id=8902 The only setting that displays events and ticket shopping is the default permalink. Any suggestions?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy capstone,

I want you to use permalinks too. Default ones are an eyesore. Our plugin is compatible with them, however one occasion we have found that it is not compatible with them and a given them or another third party plugin. Would you mind checking to see if it could be one of those conflicting with each other? This guide will help you test for that. If something is conflicting, it then walks you through identifying what is conflicting. Once we know that we can work towards a fix.

Actually though, I personally once had a similar issue and found that disabling and enabling all of my plugins fixed it. While you are disabling things you might disable TEC and ECP as well, then reenable them and try the conflict test. Also, do not forget to do a permalink refresh after enabling or disabling a plugin. This can be accomplished by going to the Permalinks screen and hitting the save button, which tells WP to rebuild permalinks.

Please let me know the result. That might even be the solution! Won’t know til we try.

– Brook

capstone
    Participant

I was finally able to solve my 404 issue with Events Calendar and Tickets. After Deactivating and reactivating my plugins, I discovered that “SEO WordPress” plugin was the cause of the events single page going 404. Without it I’m able use pretty permalinks on all pages. Now I just need to find a good SEO tool…Any ideas! Thanks for all the help!

Brook
    Participant

Howdy capstone,

I have used Yoast quite extensively with The Events Calendar. I can not say I will recommend it, but personally I did not have problems. We have actually have some discussion with the developer, Joost, in an effort to make them as compatible as possible.

Would that work instead of WP SEO? BTW thanks for letting me know that plugin is a problem!

– Brook

capstone
    Participant

This reply is private.

capstone
    Participant

My issue with “edit events” errors appears to be theme related within the “funtions.php” file of my theme. Everything worked fine with twenty thirteen theme. I’ll try editing the name change of “Events” to “Courses” changes I made in my funtions.php to see if that works.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy capstone,

Thanks for the update. I know you marked this resolved but I just want to be sure, were you able to get the PHP errors to go away?

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has gone for a couple of weeks without a response I going to archive it. If for some reason this issue is not resolved though, please open a new topic. We are happy to continue helping!

– Brook

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Permalink settings’ is closed to new replies.