Permissions?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Permissions?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alex

Hello,

Is it possible to have it so users can login and only have access to the their calendar created for them? The website will have multiple venues listed each having their own event. Somebody from each venue needs to be able to login and manage the events for their particular calendar.

Casey D

Hello Alex,

Thanks for contacting us.

Users with an ‘Author’ capability only have access to their events. So yes, you should be able to do this with no problem. Have the Editor or Admins assign users events and then they can come in and work with them.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Alex

Does this come with the PAID for standard version?

Alex

And can that user create and manage events only for their particular venue they have access to?

Barry

Hi!

There’s no particular difference between our free, core plugin (The Events Calendar) and Events Calendar PRO in respect of user permissions – so please do grab a copy of The Events Calendar and take it for a spin – that will give you a better idea of how close a match it is before investing in one of our premium plugins such as Events Calendar PRO.

And can that user create and manage events only for their particular venue they have access to?

There’s no real means baked in that would let you lock things down such than a particular user can only manage events for a specific venue – but this would definitely be possible as a further customization if you’re up for a little coding work.

You may also be interested in Community Events – a premium addon for The Events Calendar that lets users create and manage their own events without requiring access to the admin environment.

I hope that helps but let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Permissions?’ is closed to new replies.